• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The story Michael told starting at 17:30 makes me wish we could profile pedals and store them as stomps in the Kemper instead of baking them into the profiles. Just profiling pedals like Michael's Timmy, Archer, Red, and Brownie (Nobels ODR-1 type pedal) like we profile amps, and use them as if they were normal stomps like the Soft Shaper and the Green Scream. That way we might be able to get everything that Michael was talking about when he put the pedals in the FX loop. It might actually be more accurate than baking the pedals into the profiles.

Just a feature I would like to see.

• Official Post

take a look at the Kemper Drive stomp

from the manual:
    "Kemper Drive

The Kemper Drive covers the crucial ranges of the most sought-after overdrive pedals available.

As you will know, the Boss® OD-1* and the Ibanez® Tube Screamer TS 808* were the first among a new breed of overdrive pedals, first created back in the 70’s. The main technical properties were, in contrast to distortion pedals, a soft diode saturation coupled with the clean guitar signal mixed to the saturated sound – this lead to them being known by the somewhat misleading name "transparent overdrive". Since that time, many derivates from different companies has been brought to life, most of which have been based on the same circuit. While many of them offer interesting additional features and controls, as well as different sweet spots, they all share a similar basic sound character.

Rather than emulating a number of sought-after overdrive pedals, and having their distinctive character differences baked in without options, we decided to ease your life as a guitarist by giving you one single overdrive pedal that can handle all these sound colors, and everything in between.

We have evaluated both the similarities and the differences between many overdrive pedals, with the goal of creating the ultimate overdrive with the widest possible range of sound colors and sweet spots. As it happens, it turned out even better than we imagined, as the resulting circuit is unparalleled in flexibility, and it achieves this with only two additional controls.

We took the following overdrive pedals as a reference:

• Ibanez® / Maxon® TS808, TS9*

• Klon® Centaur*

• Boss® OD-1, SD-1*

• Marshall® Bluesbreaker MK1*

• Analogman® King of Tone*

• Timmy® Overdrive*

• Horizon® Precision Drive*

While the TS808* remained the central inspiration of our development (as was the case for most of the above companies), it was the Timmy*, the Horizon* and the Klon* that helped to shape the corners of the Kemper Drive."

• I've tried the Kemper Drive and I'm just not a huge fan of it. Even with the mix at 100% there's still this weird thing where it sounds like there's about 30-50% of my clean sound mixed in that I can't get rid of. It makes it sound like the drive is in the background of my sound. It drives me crazy. I hear it most on the Breaker Max. Sometimes I'll go back to it for a few days at most to try to make it work, and I just can't seem to make it work yet. It's just that weird clean thing.

• I've tried the Kemper Drive and I'm just not a huge fan of it. Even with the mix at 100% there's still this weird thing where it sounds like there's about 30-50% of my clean sound mixed in that I can't get rid of. It makes it sound like the drive is in the background of my sound. It drives me crazy. I hear it most on the Breaker Max. Sometimes I'll go back to it for a few days at most to try to make it work, and I just can't seem to make it work yet. It's just that weird clean thing.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work apparently. It’s designed to model classic OD like Tube Screamer and Bluesbrealer etc where there is always a clean portion of the signal present.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The story Michael told starting at 17:30 makes me wish we could profile pedals and store them as stomps in the Kemper instead of baking them into the profiles. Just profiling pedals like Michael's Timmy, Archer, Red, and Brownie (Nobels ODR-1 type pedal) like we profile amps, and use them as if they were normal stomps like the Soft Shaper and the Green Scream. That way we might be able to get everything that Michael was talking about when he put the pedals in the FX loop. It might actually be more accurate than baking the pedals into the profiles.

Just a feature I would like to see.

Sorry to be a downer but this is very unlikely to happen.

Why? You can actually profile a pedal but the KPA can only run 1 profile at a time so you can't use it with an amp profile.

Kemper have repeatedly said that the current KPA cannot run more than 1 profile at a time.