• In before the weekly deadline and not trying to focus on Per fection. I also took a piece of advice from Franjoe30 to use the profile that inspired me to write the riff instead of wasting time re-amping for a better tone.

I was practicing double-stops with this cheesy riff to try and get tones from clean-ish to crunch to high gain by just using my pick attack. And at the same time, keep the volume the same. I could spend more time getting the right amount of bass low end but left it where it is (I think it needs a tad more). The solo tone was one I have been after for a while and will use it again down the road. I covered the solo over the ending riff as sort of a "row your boat" harmony.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• cool track Larry, I feel some laid back coming in your play , this is what to look for : work , digest , laid back then comes the feel

• cool track Larry, I feel some laid back coming in your play , this is what to look for : work , digest , laid back then comes the feel

Thanks waraba ! Yes, I would like to alternate from my comfort zone to experiment with softer and more atmospheric tones instead of just metal all the time.

• Great, glad to see you’re taking the advice and getting stuff out there. This is sounding already as much better than last weeks track as that track did to the track you shared before that over a much longer period. I like that you’re exploring some other guitar FX combos in there. Looking forward to you sharing more!

• Nothing can beat a good song. The rest comes by itself. I like the composition a lot and the sound is overall good and tight. Two things if I may:

1) On my monitors here there is a little emphasis in the bass audible which is a little bit too much. I think I recognized this earlier with one of your other tunes as well. Try to listen in your great new studio environment to music you like and create reference for yourself. Often it helps to load a professionally mixed and mastered track in your DAW and switch back and forth between that track and your stuff (potentially lower the volume of that track because it will be ultimately louder than your mix and that would distort the reference)

2) That lead guitars seems sometimes a bit off the rythm, mostly lagging behind. To me it would sound better to have it tight on the rythm.

Apart from that as said, great song! :thumbup:8)

• In before the weekly deadline and not trying to focus on Per fection. I also took a piece of advice from Franjoe30 to use the profile that inspired me to write the riff instead of wasting time re-amping for a better tone.

I was practicing double-stops with this cheesy riff to try and get tones from clean-ish to crunch to high gain by just using my pick attack. And at the same time, keep the volume the same. I could spend more time getting the right amount of bass low end but left it where it is (I think it needs a tad more). The solo tone was one I have been after for a while and will use it again down the road. I covered the solo over the ending riff as sort of a "row your boat" harmony.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Brilliant BayouTexan i especially love the intro and your use of ambient effects in the tone. Its a really nice progression too, i think this is now my favourite track of yours. The we nuanced arpeggiated parts you play are really great and fill it out. When you repeat the melody lead at the end, the second time round try adding either an octave guitar or a harmony guitar part to make it pop out. I'm only suggesting this as this is what i would do on my tracks. Brilliant job Larry

• Thanks deadman42 ! You guys surprise me. There are a lot of riffs I come up with that I consider "cheesy", but now I think I have to revisit them. I'm still struggling to get the bass right. My acoustic panels should be installed in a few weeks.

Thanks Franjoe30 ! Again I am totally surprised by all your comments. More cheesy riffs coming up!