help with filtering

• I accomplished this before by accident and cannot replicate it now. I don't know what I did. I am trying to filter a folder by amp name and gain so that all the amps with the same name are sorted by gain all together. I have amp name and gain checked on the right click menu but I can sort by gain and the amps scrambled OR by amp and gain is scrambled. I'm pretty sure this can be done because somehow I did it before.

• Its a long time since I did it but I seem to remember that it was dependent on the order of selection. I believe I only got it to work properly immediately after entering a new search and clicking the correct column first. Filtering and sorting is definitely a weak point of RM and needs improvement but I gues we can forgive them as they have obviously been busy with other things recently 😆

• As I wrote I managed to accomplish it twice (and was real happy) but not sure what I did. I've tried everything I could think of tracing my steps. I have not tried the "new search" thing. I'll mess with that. I know I did it and wasn't hallucinating. (this time:S) It sure made it great to go to a profile pack from someone that had a lot of different amps in it and group each amp type together and sort by gain. that would be my default setting.

• I am trying to sort in a folder by the same author (MB Crank N Go for example) that has multiple amps. I want to sort each amp by gain and see all the same amp together sorted by gain. I tried again with no luck. As soon as I click on the gain column, it scrambles all the amps and sorts the whole folder by gain.

• Yes I have tried selecting everything in every order I can think of. Not sure what you mean by "main library". If it's different than where I am working now it wouldn't be of help. I'm simply in "local library" and a subfolder of that where all my packs are kept.

• Yes I have tried selecting everything in every order I can think of. Not sure what you mean by "main library". If it's different than where I am working now it wouldn't be of help. I'm simply in "local library" and a subfolder of that where all my packs are kept.

All i meant was the root level of local library as RM doesn’t like sub folders so wanted to rule out the possibility it was a subfolder only issue. I gave up on sub folders a while back and just have everything in the root level of local library.

• After suffering through the decisions on how to organize the roughly 9k profiles I have acquired in my foolishness, I have decided to have folders with amp manufacturers, subfolders with amp model, and subfolders with year/specific type. This has allowed me to move completely away from tagging every profile, and using the not-quite-complete search function. It was desperately time consuming, but I really like it functionally.

I am slightly concerned that as I progress in familiarity of building rigs that this will handicap me, but we shall see if an overabundance of folders will overcome the not-ready folder structure programming.

I am annoyed I cannot move them into an alphabetical order... but I am certain that I will recover.

- Chris

It's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

• I am annoyed I cannot move them into an alphabetical order... but I am certain that I will recover.

Folders and sub-folders you create are always put in alphabetical order. Not when you first create them (always at the bottom of the folder list when you first create it), but when RM is restarted, they would be in alpha order. That also applies to content in the folders.

• Folders and sub-folders you create are always put in alphabetical order. Not when you first create them (always at the bottom of the folder list when you first create it), but when RM is restarted, they would be in alpha order. That also applies to content in the folders.

Oh my goodness. I don't think I have restarted it. I have had it open on my mac since the update. LOL!

- Chris

It's the second mouse that gets the cheese...