.IR file VS CabMaker file

• This is a great question for Kemper. I too would like to know the differences.

Would be nice to get a file layout definition also so someone could write some code to modify the cab file. Maybe that is something Kemper plans down the line or maybe they feel the CAB Hi/Low/Character/Pure Cab adjustments are enough? I dont know enough about IRs to say.

Since an IR is a wave file showing the frequency response and resonances of an impulse signal, you can load it into a sound editor and EQ it. I use the handy tool Goldwave. You could also write some code to make your own IR and create some other-worldly thing.

It would be nice to see why some CABs are really loud and full of dynamic range and some are not. Could maybe adjust that also in some form of CABMAKER editor.

• CabMaker transforms impulse response wav files into PROFILER cabinet presets. The program is obsolete since this functionality is included in Rig Manager. If you import an impulse response into Rig Manager it gets automatically transformed into a PROFIELR cabinet preset. No extra step no external tool needed anymore.