Question on Editing Snapshots

• Hey Guys,

Please help me understand something about snapshots.....

If I take a snapshot and then later load that snapshot and make a change to it, how do I save it? If I go through the usual "store" sequence is it going to over-write the actual rig which the snapshot was originally based? Or do I instead hit Snapshot again? (Problem with the latter approach is I end up with two snapshots of the same name and then have to go back and delete the earlier one)

Any guidance here is appreciated, thanks.....

Sonic

• Hey Guys,

Please help me understand something about snapshots.....

If I take a snapshot and then later load that snapshot and make a change to it, how do I save it? If I go through the usual "store" sequence is it going to over-write the actual rig which the snapshot was originally based? Or do I instead hit Snapshot again? (Problem with the latter approach is I end up with two snapshots of the same name and then have to go back and delete the earlier one)

Any guidance here is appreciated, thanks.....

Sonic

Hi Sonic

When you edit a snapshot, you can store it as a new rig (STORE button) or you can save new snapshot (Store Snapshot - 4th soft button) - you can't replace snapshot with the current one just edited.
    When you load a snapshot, edit it and store snapshot again, it is saved with the same name but different timestamp, what you can observe in RIG -> Browse Snapshots menu in Date field.

Hope that helps.

• I wonder if there is a reason Snapshots aren't a category in the Browse pool? Would sure make auditioning, tweaking, and managing them a lot easier. Or maybe the ability to create a custom folder. That's really all I'm using Snapshots for is a way to have an area to store tweaked profiles. I use the Favorites to isolate a few dozen preferred rigs out of the hundreds loaded, and then use Snapshots to store & experiment with custom tweaks of the Favorites for actual tracking. You may even need different tweaks of the same rig depending upon guitar, tuning, or song style. This requires something more than a Favorites folder to accommodate this kind of work flow. So for now I'm using Snapshots. But it would be even better to be able to create custom folders.

Sonic

Edited once, last by SonicExporer (February 12, 2017 at 5:24 AM).

• I guess, Snapshots might be the function least used in the Profiler.

The idea is to create a few variations of the same Rig with minor variations e. g. of Gain, store those temporarily as Snapshots in order to switch back and forth, shorten the list by deleting non-favorables and at the end select the best and then store that as Rig in Browse Pool. This could well be an iterative approach. If you want to add further variations at some point you can edit and add another Snapshot. And then proceed shortening the list.

The idea is not to create a parallel Rig universe with capabilities like editing, store as/replace/rename, favorite Snapshots, sorting Snaphsots by Gain, assigning MIDI PCs to Snapshots.... That's what we have Rigs for.

• Rig saving offers exactly that. For Presets that's on our to do list. Snapshots are for "quick and dirty" comparison and selection, not even worth entering different names. And if you find that too limiting, you can use Rigs.

• Rig saving offers exactly that. For Presets that's on our to do list. Snapshots are for "quick and dirty" comparison and selection, not even worth entering different names. And if you find that too limiting, you can use Rigs.

Is there any plan to allow users to add new folders (or groups) so users can better organize things? Instead of relying on just Favorites?

• We offer multiple Views and Sort By criteria, we are not envisioning folders.

The sound collection should be held in Rig Manager, which offers multiple folder levels. The Browse Pool of the Profiler should be limited to those sounds you really play. In that case Views like My Rigs, Favorites, Just Bass combined with Sort By criteria like By Gain, By Author, By Amp/Cab help to effectively find any particular sound. Plus Performance Mode allows to organize sounds in alignment with musical scenes, songs, set list and independently from your Browse Pool.