How to setup Morph to control Amp Gain, effects mix please?

• So I just found and read the other thread. Let's start at the beginning. You have "the Kemper Mission pedal" - the EP1-KP? Great, same as me.

You're using a TRS (stereo 1/4 inch jack) cable to connect the Mission to the Remote, right? A regular mono guitar cable won't work.

You're setting the same pedal input number in the settings menu as the one you have the EP1-KP plugged in to on the Remote to act as morph pedal, correct? For testing purposes, don't tick any morph-to-wah/pitch/whatever settings.

You've calibrated the pedal.

After loading a Rig with the pedal in HEEL position, moving the pedal to TOE position gradually dims the lower LED of the corresponding slot switch on the Remote and fades up the upper LED, n'est ce pas? How about rocking the pedal back to HEEL? Do the LEDs fade the opposite way, with the upper one dimming and the lower one brightening? This would indicate that everything is set up and working correctly.

Now, put your pedal back to TOE (aka morphed state). Change the gain of the Rig in the Stack section (the gain control on the front of the profiler; you should see the LED collar move). Now move your pedal back to HEEL (aka the Rigs default saved state). You should see the LED collar of the gain control move back to where it was before you tweaked the knob. This is morphing.

To delete a morphed parameter, in the morphed state (i.e. TOE), you move the morphed value back past where it was in the HEEL state. For example, gain @ HEEL is 4. Morphed gain @ TOE is 5. To delete the morph and the little "M", while at TOE move the gain back to 3.

• Is your pedal set up as a morph pedal exclusively or are you using wah to morph ? If you are using the wah to morph function and trying to setup morphing on a rig with wah perhaps your pedal is remaining in wah mode ? Just a thought... . The Kemper is a quite versatile piece of equipment and has many configuration options and possibilties. As such, it can be a bit overwhelming or frustrating setting up some things until you become more familiar. Things to look at for your problem would include the first thing Ive mentioned, the morph being controlled by the momentary buttons or expression, The morphing actually being setup correctly on the rig. Start with a factory rig and confirm the way you are setup to morph in the menus and that it is working as expected. notice the parameters with the M on them...

• Is your pedal set up as a morph pedal exclusively or are you using wah to morph ? If you are using the wah to morph function and trying to setup morphing on a rig with wah perhaps your pedal is remaining in wah mode ? Just a thought... . The Kemper is a quite versatile piece of equipment and has many configuration options and possibilties. As such, it can be a bit overwhelming or frustrating setting up some things until you become more familiar. Things to look at for your problem would include the first thing Ive mentioned, the morph being controlled by the momentary buttons or expression, The morphing actually being setup correctly on the rig. Start with a factory rig and confirm the way you are setup to morph in the menus and that it is working as expected. notice the parameters with the M on them...

Yes I have tried all of the above. Thanks. I'm not a wah type of person myself.

I emailed Kemper support, and they told me to look in the Rig Settings page for Morph and move the pedal to see if it was reaching max value ( this is 127 ) for morphing, because Kemper wont Do any morphing if exp pedal doesnt reach full value.

SoI checked and there it was. Pedal is setup as Pedal Type 1 for Morph function. And pedal was Not reaching max value, it only goes to 117 ?
    So ended up switching the pedal Type, from pedal type 1 TO pedal type 2

This works BUT pedal's behavior is not accurate as it was before. I know Mission Engineering says this pedal ( Ep-1 KP ) should be setup as pedal type 1 ? But if I set it for Pedal Type 1 it doesn't reach max value. I emailed Mission about this and Still NO response.

I think I'm gonna sell the pedal and get something that actually works, like my Boss FV-500 H.

Thanks Everybody that shed some light in here!! Happy Holidays!!

Good thing is that I'll be keeping my Kemper

• Hey thanks !
    There is one thing that is not mentioned Anywhere in regards to Morphing. I do have the pedal set as you described. I do.
    The issue and Here the response I got from Kemper support. If pedal doesn't reach Max range Value ( 127 ) the Kemper WONT morph. And with that being said, I checked the Rig Settings under morph page and There it was, pedal Mission Ep-1 KP won't reach max range! It only goes up to 117!? And That's why I can't do any morphing. So I emailed the people at Mission about this and No response yet!

So what I did, it just occurred to me , to change PedalType under System Settings, for this pedal Mission says its a Type 1 pedal right ? WELL IT doesn't work. So I changed to Pedal Type 2.
    Pedal Now reaches Max range (127) so Kemper now allows me to morph. The only issue is that pedal's behavior is not accurate.

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone!!
    I'll be selling the pedal.

Happy Holidays

• Is your expression pedal working? Have you set it to the right polarity? Does it work as a normal wah pedal? No other reason why this wouldn't work.

This is why I said this early on. Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions by selling the pedal right away? It may not be faulty, it could just have a different polarity.

Don't sell the bike shop!

• Hey Guys

Yes im using a mogami trs cable from out 1 i to remote 3 input and mono ts from out 2 into remote 4 input. Apologize about the delayed response.

Polarity... Well Mission stated the pedal should be set as Pedal Type 1. I dont know nor see a polarity option for the pedal.
    I switched it to Pedal Type 2 and it works BUT its not as accurate.
    I guess I'll keep trying.

thanks a lot!!