Stage Volume: I need help with Output and Expression/Volume Pedal configuration(s)

• Problem statement: I want to be able to control my stage volume with an expression pedal (via MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT) without affecting the MAIN OUTPUT signal that goes to FOH. What is the best way to achieve this?

Current set up:

MONITOR OUTPUT {Master Mono} ALTO TS 210 (floor wedge in front of me)
    DIRECT OUTPUT {Master Mono} Tech 21 Power Engine (cabinet on amp stand behind me)
    MAIN OUTPUT {Master Stereo default} FOH

Even though I don't use stereo right now, this paragraph seems to be a good approach for what I want to do:

"You can also setup an individually controllable stereo output separately from the MAIN OUTPUT: set Monitor Output source to “Master Left” and Direct Output source to “Master Right”. Link both volumes of DIRECT and MONITOR OUTPUT to the MASTER VOLUME knob, and unlink Main Volume. Now you have a stereo monitor signal, controllable by the MASTER VOLUME knob, independent from the MAIN OUTPUT, which goes to the main mixing desk."

However, I am confused by the language regarding expression pedals, the Volume Pedal and Monitor Volume options. For instance, this language seems to imply that using the Volume Pedal will affect MAIN OUTPUT volume to FOH:

"The Volume Pedal is a dedicated volume separate from Rig volume, master volume, or any other output volume. All these volumes are working on top of each other."

Or maybe I am misunderstanding it? I basically want the Volume Pedal to control both MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT.

I suppose I could use the 'Monitor Volume' option but I can't link the DIRECT OUTPUT so that would only control the ALTO TS210 and not the Tech 21. Any thoughts? Any and all help appreciated!

• I thought if you set an expression pedal as "monitor volume" that pedal would not affect every output?

That's correct. @hjscheffler meant to say that choosing 'volume' will affect every output contrary to the monitor volume which only affects monitor output.