• What are some of the more top end profiles that you have to pay for? I've searched Rig Exchanger for hours today & can't find something thats satisfying. Sinmix has some good profiles, but nothing outstanding. I need a pop punk/indie rock tone. I don't mind paying for profiles if they're worth it. Let me know what profile packs you guys have bought!

The rhythm tone I need:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You might want to check MBritt profiles for these kinds of sounds. From the ones I bought, these get me closest to those mid driven sounds. But from what I hear (not in front of my stereo atm) the guitars are multi layered which you should keep in mind when looking for such sounds.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hello, it's a common mistake for newbies here to believe a single profile will give you the album tone from X or Y, as stated above this great tone is the result of a great mix of multi layered tracks with lots of different textures and tones.

My guess is that you can achieve this one , but only on a mix while double tracking (natural , you'll have to play the parts twice) with an AC30 , a fender blonde or silverface , or a JTM. Guitars are probably single coiled or P90, maybe semi hollow, with the right amount of volume and tone, as explained by Paul. It's not that difficult to reproduce with a KPA but you also need some talent in the mix and the right choice of FX like verbs & delays.

good luck !