Hello, I am new to the Forum ! I have a few questions to start off.

• Hello :thumbup:

I have 3.0.2 (10951). I plan to download Rig Manager, so I assume I should download the latest update first.

Can I just download that to my computer first ?? I plan to buy a new Flash Drive today. I've read you have to put the Flash Drive
    into the Kemper unit first to format it properly. Then I insert the Flash into the computer. I can then transfer the update to the Flash Drive.
    Then download Rig Manager, the same way. I am not a super computer guy by any means, so I may have questions for you folks as I go.

Does it sound like I am understanding things properly to this point ? :/

What size Flash Drive would be good ?? I won't be downloading 1000's of rigs, but maybe a 100 - 200 or so.

Again, Hello to all and I look forward to some fun with the Kemper and for a little Profiling camaraderie.

MrGiggles :)

• Hello

Thanks for all the positive messages and welcomes. Special thanks to Raoul for the initial info. Sounds like
    I am on the right track.

Not being super computer savvy, I'm sure I will be needing some help. I will read through the manual.
    I actually enjoy that type of thing, but as things come up I will almost certainly be posting some questions.

One Profile / Rig question. I am looking for a real good Mesa Boogie Mark IIB profile. I have that amp
    and I am a huge Santana fan and can get that Carlos sound.... like on the Live parts of the Moonflower Album with
    the flick of the on switch. Might be nice to find a well done profile of that sound for studio and live
    play. Any thoughts on a good profile, please feel free to let me know ! I realize I can try it myself, but at this point I
    need to become more acquainted with the unit to do a proper job of profiling my Boogie the way it should be.

Thanks again to everyone !

MrGiggles

• Welcome along !

The Amp Factory did a Mark 2b Profile back around April 2013.

Have a look , some great commercial profiles there

From Amp Packs 1 :

'MyBoogie II (Mod) – 7 Profiles
    A Modded Mark 2, go figure, Not a
    massive mod though, new speaker fitted, and all new tubes for less
    poweramp distortion, and a few caps tuned for the EQ. – sounded good to
    me, quite beefy though, and bottom heavy. but great to rock out with!
    7 Profiles of various settings (sweetspots)
    Running its own speaker combo (G75 speaker mod)
    Multimic 57, 121 and 414 running through Neve Mic pre’s
    Great for Live and studio play
    TheAmpFactory recommends, a Humbucker loaded guitar
    Seeking to re-create the sound of a MesaBoogie Mark II Modded Amplifier'

http://www.theampfactory.com

• Hello Robman

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. Amp Factory is certainly on my list. Yea, LOVE my Mark IIB. Bought it brand new (late 70's ??) and nothing has replaced it since. Mine is
    real beefy too, with plenty of low end. Sent is back about 10 years ago and Mike Bendinelli did a " deaf louie " mod on the effects loop. That was their first Effects loops and it has some issues. It is better, not great, but best he could do with that circuit. While recording they are noisy .....my house wiring doesn't help though. Live, they weigh a ton, as
    all Boogie's do. :thumbdown: Too old for that at this point. Even though Carlos used a Mark I, I like this better personally. More gain. I don't have to have allthe knobs on " 7 " as he used to do, in order to get infinite sustain and warm tone, so that is a plus.

Thanks again

MrGiggles

• Hello

Thanks again for the response to my Boogie inquiry. I love Boogies. I met the owner Randall Smith and his # 1 Mike Bendinelli guy years and years ago and they were super nice. Just regular folks. Mike will even call you back on your cell if you have issues. How many big companies of any kind will do that. Always loved their tone too. I like the
    older Boogies better, but the Lonestar / Stilleto / Transatlantic and the new Mark V:25 sound cool too. I'll probably put together a whole collection of Boogie
    profiles straight away.

Questions about Flash Drives. I am looking at one of those Cartoon Character Flash Drive by Emtec (Speedy Gonzales - love that cartoon) If it just dies one
    day from cheap-atude, I'm not screwed correct ? I can just buy another Drive, Reformat in the Kemper again and start all over yea ?? ?(

Thanks again !

MrGiggles

• Hello and welcome from the home of the kpa.
    If you are loocking for good mesa profiles try the ones from djemas or from thumas from the rig exchange. These ones sound killer and they are for free.
    cheers
    Frank