For those keeping up with NAMM...

• Watched the Kemper video, nothing earthshattering, but good to dee the remote on the floor

Hehe, nothing earthshattering is correct only for us here because we're the elite of Kemper insiders for frequenting the forums all the time.
    For the rest of the world it's quite the evolution of the Kemper concept as it's intended to be I think.
    And yes, the Remote on the floor shows it's definitely not vaporware. :)

• Speaking of Vaporware, what ever happened to the Slate Microphone from last Jan's NAMM?

It sounded like it did for Microphones/Preamps what the Kemper does for Amps, but then it fell off the face of the earth.
    All I see them talking about is a $20 a month subscription to all their plugins vs buying them.

What I'm most interested in, KPR aside, is the Behringer Touch X. It was supposed to be ready last July, then last Dec, now it's up for Spring. Does Behringer do NAMM? This product LOOKS awesome, only hope it will BE awesome. I'm on a Sweetwater list for it.

• Speaking of Vaporware, what ever happened to the Slate Microphone from last Jan's NAMM?

It sounded like it did for Microphones/Preamps what the Kemper does for Amps, but then it fell off the face of the earth.
    All I see them talking about is a $20 a month subscription to all their plugins vs buying them.

What I'm most interested in, KPR aside, is the Behringer Touch X. It was supposed to be ready last July, then last Dec, now it's up for Spring. Does Behringer do NAMM? This product LOOKS awesome, only hope it will BE awesome. I'm on a Sweetwater list for it.

Slate has fell quite behind with AAX update and has put all his team on sorting this out to stop the grief hes getting from customers He has promised there will be no new products until this is all sorted

• What I'm most interested in, KPR aside, is the Behringer Touch X. It was supposed to be ready last July, then last Dec, now it's up for Spring. Does Behringer do NAMM? This product LOOKS awesome, only hope it will BE awesome. I'm on a Sweetwater list for it.

Behringer and NAMM is, to me, quite a synonyme for vaporware.
    Last year's NAMM they presented the X18 which was a smaller version of the X32 and promised to release it the 2nd half of 2014.
    It never happened. Apparently this project was reworked to be called X AIR XR18 which you can see on Behringer's website (like you could the X18) but can't buy also (yet? ever?).

• They claim the slowdown for the Touch was due to a redesign so that it can be compatible with the AIR digital products.

They are at NAMM. I expect this will work with Logic? I know Reaper has a Mackie Controller written by some German fellow and he responded to my query and said IF they were true to the Mackie Protocol it should work, but that some readout characters would not match up from his software, so that was the only issue.

As for Slate, can they create a simulation of a Recording Engineer so I don't get the volume/EQ/compression and spot wrong for the microphone?!? ;)

• Remote videos and the looper in action:

In Japanese (I guess), but a lot of familiar sounding words

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

John Huldt

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.