The noise and clipping sound problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I bought my KPA in April,i'm very satisfied with the tone and qulity of KPA,but recently i found a problem, when i open my KPA play for a while that there are little noise when picking the strings,especially the 4,5,6strings,its not background noise,just come out when i'm picking strings,sounds like clipping sound.If i turn off KPA and wait for 10-15min the noise will be lower or dispear,but if i restart immdiately the noise still there.When input and output light are all green,not in yellow or red,low voluem case the problem still there. I tried a lot of solutions that i can thought such as format flash, initialize flash,make my KPA down to 1.8system,2.0system,but no one works.I have check my audio card,lines,headphones,they are all working well which they are not the reason.

I browse the user forum found 2 similar issues:Issue with noise – more noticeable on clean profiles
    and:Clipping sound on most presets
    our problem are the same,there are still no effective solutions appear.
    this is the noise i record:https://soundcloud.com/david-woo8/kpa-noise
    when you hear is PLEASE TURN UP THE VOLUEM
    i hope KEMPER company can give us some effective official solutions
    i really have no idea about it.....
    the users who have the same problem please reply so that let us know your KPA have this problem
    if you have effictive solution please help me....any help would be appreciate.
    THIS IS MY E-MAIL ADDRESS:53078753@qq.com

• Since it´s not your playback system as you can record the noise i can think of 4 possible reasons:

1.The AD converter at the KPA input stage is clipping.Try lowering the clean sense and also try a different guitar, perhaps a strat with less output.
    2. The DA converter at the KPA is clipping. Try lowring the KPA master volume.
    3. The problem is causes by the guitar or the cable. Try swapping both. If you have active pickups, change the battery.
    4. The KPA hardware has problems. Unlikely but not impossible...

• Since it´s not your playback system as you can record the noise i can think of 4 possible reasons:

1.The AD converter at the KPA input stage is clipping.Try lowering the clean sense and also try a different guitar, perhaps a strat with less output.
    2. The DA converter at the KPA is clipping. Try lowring the KPA master volume.
    3. The problem is causes by the guitar or the cable. Try swapping both. If you have active pickups, change the battery.
    4. The KPA hardware has problems. Unlikely but not impossible...

i tried to lower both clean and distortion sense,it doesn't work,i use a fender american standerd start and lava retro-coil cabel,i test them on real amps,they all working well.....

• Yes, I recognize that sound from other posts. I haven't noticed myself, but I haven't investigated thoroughly either. Using guitar cabs only lately and haven't recorded with the Kemper.

It's definitely not clipping or cable fault.

Try turning the noise gate completely off. Does it make any difference?

Adjusting various other parameters? Tube shape etc?

How about when switching to other presets with similar amount of gain?

Is it a hot environment? Did you use it in other locations with the same problem?

The character of the sound is similar to that of "static", or interference on the domestic electric circuit.

Edited 3 times, last by Trazan (August 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM).

• My second KPA is only 1-2 weeks old and I am hearing the same thing. I have also been having an issue where the KPA switches to TUNER mode in the middle of playing. The noise occurs with both my Strat and Tele. My Clean & Distortion Sens are set to 0 I believe.

In my case, I use several high quality LAVA Cables, the noise does not occur playing direct to my PA or Amp, so it's not my guitars or cables.

Frustrating to say the least, I think this unit is going back on an RMA.

• Same crackle issue here! Very dissapointing! i´m very pissed of the kpa gear, cause i paid so much money for this. my old pod is silent, and kemper crackling with noise!

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Just a thought: Are you having this problem with profiles that you have made yourself? Once while I was profiling my little Peavey Classic, there was a hum problem with the amp and sure as hell - the hum was present on the profile as well. I think the issue could be related to the profile itself - that is to the profiled amp.
    I would try and profile an amp and see whether the problem is still there.