Posts by Steve5478

I suppose you talk about acoustic guitar IR ? To turn your guitar sound into another one ?!

It's strange you don't use an amp in your chain ?!

I had a variax and a Helix before my Kemper Stage and i used to put a neutral pre-amp in the chain to increase sound volume as you amplify a traditionnal guitar.

I've taken some acoustic rigs on the forum and it includes an acoustic amp & speaker....

I didn't try them a lot.... Now, i use the acoustic simulator in the chain and there's no amp&cab but i've seen TJ rig ; there are 2 EQs to obtain more volume.

Maybe your problem is there.

Hi All,

I've bought one mission engineering (for Wah) and 3 Moog EP-3 for my Kemper Stage (don't use them all for the moment 8o).

I use the Moog for volume. The EP3 owns an "output" level potentiometer. So i don't use the "calibration" step but often use the bargraph page to see if my pedals reach effectively the max position at toe. If it's not the case i play with the Moog's knob. This knob moves quickly when i carry my pedals from a place to another...

On the Player, i've seen a "Calibration" icon but it doesn't seem to work for the moment...

But, i would like it not to only make the calibration (at toe and heel position) but would like to see where i am to keep my process....

I don't know if it's planned but a pedal bargraph would be really appreciated ;)

Code
    What really bothers me is that in the Rig Manager the slots only say Kemper Drive and not the selected distortion. You always have to check what kind of distortion is activated, which is a shame.

Kemper drives go farther than simple modeling drives. It encompass many kind of drives.

The choices mean, it's set to correspond to a specific kind of drive but if you play with drive/definition/slimdown, parameters ; a TS-9 can be turn into a Klon.... Profiler can't change drive's name following what you do... The opposite can work....

The Kone (& Kabinets) are not FRFR, that means it's not a conventionnal 2 ways loudspeaker....

On the other side, Kones are Full Range cause frequencies range is higher than a traditionnal electric guitar cabinet.

For the Flat Response, i don't know if this term is appropriate for speakers in general ; every soudspeakers react differently : more or less bass/midds/treble, they try to tend to the flatest curve.... Reason why it's good to set your rigs following what you have.

Kemper works with Celestion to design Kone. So, when you tick "Kemper Kone" on the profiler, monitor output knows exactly how to behave and the modifications it has to do on the signal. I don't know exactly what the recipe is (and we won't be told ^^:/;(), but of course this couple is optimized to work all together.

Forum back up! Okay, a quick Profiler Player question- is it basically a Kemper Profiler without the Profiling function? If I sold my unpowered Rack (see avatar photo to the left) would I otherwise have similar functionality as far as amps, effects, etc.? Thanks!

No, not for the moment.... Less FXs slots, Less FXs, Less Parameters to set in amps/cabs blocks

C.Kemper said that the Player will be unlocked (if you pay some fee)....

If you want to sell your Rack, you should wait to see if it fits perfectly when it will be available

There's a Brian May Rig in KEMPER LEGENDS TRIBUTE COLLECTION done by Thomas Dill (i assume seeing rig's name) :

I don't have the device in front of me and played the player yesterday, there was no treble booster but i think this is a missed FX in the small unit.

I think on Profiler Stage, this FX should appear....

Beyond DSP limitations, in my point of view, the main problem is the hardware.

IMO, this proposition could easily work on PC/Tabs rig manager.

At the begining, Head/Rack & Stage's rigs were all set on the hardware itself, rig manager was just a catalog to push rigs/FXs on the device. I assume Kemper wants to keep this ease of use on the hardware. So how do you stack/destack FXs ?

It's easy to programm a FX per switch today ; press soft buttons, the pedal ; done.

Do you link all the group in stomp mode ? Or How do you set the drive on/off but not the comp ?

I don't know direct out behavior vs monitor. But for Kab, monitor output is the way to go...

You can send main outs to FRFR in "master stereo" and set the monitor output to dry (don't remember the set up after the amp...)

You can set monitor output for imprints too if you want....

I've got 2/3 transposed rigs (-1/2 ; -1 tone) cause singers' bands can't reach the original songs' tones but if i had to play all detune i would go for a detuned guitar.

You hear the gap/difference between the detuned sound and the guitar natural tone ; and is weird, you have really to crank the sound up to cover guitar strings resonnance...

at this point the small LED could be eliminated.

It would be enough to highlight the name of the effect on and the ones that are off in gray.

Don't know.... It depends how it's done.... I've got some difficulties to discern what thread i've read or not on the forum.... :rolleyes: ;( :/

Small leds are easier to "read" imho...