Posts by Slippery-Jim

Please folks, listen to what I have to say,

I'm a troll, mouldy roll,

and I'll have a KEMPER fan for my supper...

1 lesson to be learnt from this thread. Don't be drawn into endless loop arguments. If the troll starts up, the only way to stop it is to ignore it.

Faraday cage?

Chickenwire all over where you play in an earthed cage. Include the floor. RF et al. can´t get through. It really works. You can even get wallpaper made to do the job. Any females involved in life might not like the aesthetics, but that´s tough S**t... :D

S-J

@Corey1213 Wait. It's well worth it. Get a Behringer with an Uno4 Kemper PROM in the meantime to tide you over. You are not going to be happy with a fractal if you wanted the Kemper for the right reasons.. :)

S-J
    P.S. Their service is absolutely A+ Slight problem with the Kemper foot controller (White LED) fixed and turned around to my door within 3 days!!! :thumbup:

Michael´s profiles are really fine and professional. I even play them at home, where it is safe and free of critique... ^^

But seriously, Michael has just that kinda edge on many others... I´ve got 3 of his packs and I have never found the need to tweek the EQ - or anything else for that matter :rolleyes:=O ...

Keep on rockin´ Michael!

S-J

@Khaki_Lackey OCD? What's that?

S-J

But rust never sleeps...

Are you trying to make some academic point here Sinmix? You say that the Kemper is composed of a very sophisticated AMP SIM and the only thing that really matters is the CAB part of the equation - where to place the mics?
    It might be that after a certain amount of gain, the human ear perceives all sources of noise as just that - noise. Noise coming from different directions (mics positioned differently) sounds different, independently of the spectral quality of noise. Have you analysed the frequency spectrum of the Kemper, or has all of this gone over my head?

S-J

I also meant that the spectral quality analysis of each of the amp profiles compared to the original (tube) amp might lead to a final analysis... for better or for worse... fatal discovery... metallic meltdown? ;)

Or maybe I should think before I ink?
    Writing before fighting... :D

S-J

Warum?

S-J

You know my opinion on this subject. Nothing has changed! ;(

Stay Metal!

But rust never sleeps...

Are you trying to make some academic point here Sinmix? You say that the Kemper is composed of a very sophisticated AMP SIM and the only thing that really matters is the CAB part of the equation - where to place the mics?
    It might be that after a certain amount of gain, the human ear perceives all sources of noise as just that - noise. Noise coming from different directions (mics positioned differently) sounds different, independently of the spectral quality of noise. Have you analysed the frequency spectrum of the Kemper, or has all of this gone over my head?

S-J

I don't use performance mode. I set up all my rigs with prefixes, e.g., 001, 002, 003, etc. Like amps are in banks of 5 from clean (1) to really dirty (5). I also have banks of "signature" sounds, i.e., rigs that are meant to emulate specific sounds like Hendrix, Gilmour, etc. I custom assigned which stomps I want to control with the four stomp switches and always place my wah in the same stomp slot for consistent assignment in the System menu. I am using a pair of Mission pedals, one for volume and one for wah. Every tone known to man at my fingertips (feet actually). I have a pro studio and have been profiling a few nice amps, too.

@beans You must be as old as I since I also take time to consider the motion of the inner planets and their interaction with Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto before setting out on a tempo/tone preset tinker session...
    It's good to be an old'un in a beginner/student avatar... :D

@Slippery-Jim: Thanks for making your point more clear, and that by 'bigger' you don't simply mean 'growing'.
    Also I agree about constantly improving customer relations and re-evaluating work and communication processes within a corporation.
    I have been running a very successful medical practice for 15 years and in the medical sector we had (by official regulations) to implement a quality management system for several years now, so I know what I'm talking about.
    As for quality: Concerning the several certification systems though the sad truth about them is: They often have helped to establish standards WHICH ARE LOWER than the standards that were established before, and I have seen this in more fields than medical. When I see a certification sign nowadays it certainly doesn't build confidence on my side.

Ingolf. Agreed, where there is no heart for a QMS you get no quality service and/or product. Where however, the motives are not just for profit, a QMS really does what it says it does. QMS are really good when they act as a guide to really better things. My experience is that when the CEO/board are committed, the QMS eventually works and company and customers all benefit. This is independent of whatever the quality management standard applies. Now I feel we have gone of topic enough... :)