Posts by BobbyKa

Saturday we played a gig and at the soundcheck I realised I had a massive problem....

All rigs in all performances I tried had only about 20% Gain/Drive they should have.
    The values shown on the display and with the Gain-LED were correct, but the sound not.

I checked output and input values, everything correct.

I loaded the same performances in another Kemper. Connected the same guitar with the same cable. Here everthing was great.

I turned the KPA off and on again. At first it sounded great. After I went into the output menu and exited it without changing something Gain was gone again.

Another Bootup didn't help.

Then I downgraded Firmware from 5 to 4.0.6 Release and everything was as it should again.

Before that I had no problems with OS5.
    Anyone had problems like that yet? Is it related to OS5 or not?

Yesterday I tried to arrange the Performances in a Kemper connected to RM.
    Lets say I got 3 perfomances "P1", "P2", P3". If i grab P3 and want to move it before P1, the new RM doesn't move P3 (so I'd have "P3", P1", "P2") but does swap them (so I get the new order "P3", "P2", "P1").

Is this a bug or did you change this behaviour purposely?

If you got only 3 performances this is of course no problem, also because with right click you can chose "move up" or "move down".
    But if you got a lot of performances and want to arrange them according to the setlist of a gig this is very impractical

-Stereo vs. Mono: If possible use a Stereo mix. This makes a huge difference
    -Headphones: As said the headphones are important. The ones that come with the InEar systems are always useless. But I think u don't need custom made or top High end ones. In Our Band we also use X32 and Shure SE315 and SE535 Headphones and are happy.
    -The rest is the mix.

I think its best to integrate the Editor completely into RM.
    For Managing Performances, Copying Settings between different Slots/Rigs/Performances the overview the RM already has is best.
    We just need more Rows for all the information the Rig/Slot... has. As all those Rows don't fit on the screen We need several Tab layers or just Quickbuttons to change wich rows are visible.
    Also Option to (un)fold groups of information. So unfolded you see e.g. the list of rigs and the fx/stomp slots similar like on the remote (empty if slot is empty, with name but greyed out if inactive, or bold if active). Here you can copy and paste Things from one Rig/Slot... to one or several others. The same way you do it in other software like excel. (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl or Tab to select more than one, Del to remove Stomp....). If you unfold an FX, you see all the settings the FX has, you can sort the rigs for all the values and you get a nice overview on all settings.

Double Click on Rig or click on dedicated button and you change from the list view to "Kemper"view. Here you got the Toaster View and can edit things like if you are in front of the Hardware kemper.

There are a lot of Threads asking for an Editor.
    NAMM 16 didn't gave us an Editor but I hope and think Kemper will present us one someday in the future.
    But why do we need one? Of course, like with every feature or utilitie not everybody needs one. I'd like to collect your thoughts on this topic and your wishes what the Editor should do.

Here the first few things i'm wishing for:

-Access to ALL settings with an layout similar to the hardware Kemper.
    Practical for those who got their Kemper Rack mounted / not easily reachable.

-connection via USB

-Firmwareupdate via Editor

-Backup/Restore directly from/to Computer

-Dropdown fields for choosing presets (fx, stomps etc..)

-Easier editing of multiple Rigs/Performances/Slots
    THIS is what I need the Editor for. Example: I use Performance mode. One performance for each Song. Always the same Rigs (Slot 1: Clean, Slot 2: Chrunch...). They differ in Tempo, effect status and effect settings.
    Lets say I rehearse with my Band and want to try how the sound of another amp (with its 5 Gain stages) fits to our songs. I need to go to each slot of each performance and change the amp and save each rig. This would be a LOT of work. The same if I say it would be great to always use Remote Button IV to de/activate Delay. Need to change it in each rig/slot/performance.... In fact this was the only thing that was easier with my pedalboard and real Amp vs Kemper. E.g. I would have just turned up Gain in channel 3 once on the amp. Or wired another effect pedal on my board to check wich song it fits. No way back to an real amp for me, but this realy bothers me.

I got a lot of other Ideas and also got an possible Layout in mind. I'd post this as soon as I got the time to.
    What are the reasons u need an editor :?:

Unplug everything. take it in ur hands and turn it arround a few times in every angle.
    If you can hear that something inside is moving, most likely the (DSP board?) chip fell out of its socket.

Had this with our bassists Kemper after flight from Ecuador to Germany.
    If you are not afraid of opening the Kemper (This avoids Warranty!) do it and put the Chip back in place.
    Is done easily within 5 minutes.

Hallo!
    Unser neues Album "Attitude" ist fertig! Gitarren und Bass wurden alle mit dem Kemper eingespielt.

Kommenden Samstag, 16.01. veranstalten wir im Tempel in Karlsruhe eine CD-Release-Party für unser neues Album.
    Live haben wir ein Rack mit 3 Kempern, InEars und Digitalmischer im Einsatz.

Aus unserem Bekanntenkreis kommen mehrere Kemper-User, eventuell finden sich hier noch mehr, die Lust haben an diesem Tag vorbeizukommen.
    Musik hören, feiern und Erfahrungen Austauschen.

Einlass ist ab 19h. Ca. 20h beginnt die Supportband (ENDEFFEKT), danach spielen wir.

Tempel, Hardstraße 37a, Karlsruhe

Schaut vorbei!

:thumbup:

Hier gibts infos zu uns:

https://www.backstagepro.de/thema/2-wochen…2-31-BYMRvg8p30

https://www.facebook.com/stereodramamusic/