Posts by jaeger 28

What works for you is what works for you.

This just came to mind......Have you ever tried using the Beat Scanner? Instead of tapping - hold the tap button and strum your tempo. It *will* show the tempo on screen as you're entering that way. I find that WAY better than the traditional tap-tempo. You can set it to mute the signal so your strumming isn't heard.

The only other suggestion I have would be to use something like this: https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/micro-clock

Yeah I like beat scanner, but would still like to see the BPM on the screen. That's what my Future Factory delay does, I tap in and I see the BPM on the display. Just old habits. I thought it wouldn't be too hard to develop that kind of thing but maybe it is.

If it’s a known, specific tempo, either have a performance specific for that song, or create a preset for the delay that’s set correctly.
    I do both depending.

Tap tempo (to me) is for matching other players. Not a specific bpm.

I only keep one performance for the gig. I constantly change it depending on the PA and situation and it's as much as I can handle. If I start running presets per song, levels and all will be all over the place.

So that said, I wanna tap the tempo and have an eye on what I'm tapping. I understand that it's not a use case you might be familiar with, but it's my reality. For me it makes total sense, despite all arguments against it.

Wouldn't that only make sense if the guitar input level would be adjustable (like the trim parameter on Tonex, which I hate because of the many discussions about how to set it correctly)?

I would rather have an output level meter instead.

Ein Problem was man nie ganz vermeiden kann ist, dass es ziemlich unmöglich ist, InEar vernünftig zu testen. Zum Einen ist es schwer ran zu kommen und dann kann man zum Beispiel auch nie ganz genau sagen, wie eine angepasste Variante gegenüber Memory Foams oder sowas klingt. In der Regel kommt nochmal ein deutlicher Bassschub dazu, aber man weiß es leider erst wirklich wenn sie fertig sind.

Allerdings gibt es einige Hörgeräte Akustiker, die mehrere Modelle da haben, da lohnt es sich, mal zu recherchieren ob man so jemanden in der Nähe hat. Bei uns gab es jemanden mit Hearos, Hörluchs und noch einer dritten Marke und dazu hatten die auch die verschiedenen Modelle davon da. Gewonnen haben dann bei mir die Hearos Pro 3 (heißen glaube ich mittlerweile anders)

Das stimmt. Bei Vision Ears in Köln gibt es eine Teststation mit den Diversen Modellen, eben mit neutralen Gumminöppeln. Aber man bekommt einen Eindruck, wie die Anzahl der Systeme und klangliche Ausrichtung sich unterschiedlich bemerkbar macht. Man bringt am besten eigenes Material auf Handy mit, ggf. eigene Bandmitschnitte die roh gemischt sind, um einen authentischen Eindruck zu bekommen. Ich hatte von mir bespielte Backingtracks dabei mit relativ lauter Gitarre im Mix, so wie ich meinen In Ear Mix auch machen würde, und habe das 6er Modell gewählt. Die Anschaffung habe ich nicht bereut.

Was eben meist fehlt, sofern man nicht noch Wedges auf der Bühne hat, ist der Körperschall. Hatte mir auch mal überlegt, so nen Buttkicker neben der Standposition auszuprobieren, das wäre sicher auch cool.

Fischer Amps Buttkicker LFE
    Fischer Amps Buttkicker LFE, BassShaker für Drummer, Bühnen(-elementen), Kino..., 400W min, 1500W max. RMS an 4 Ohm, Frequenz: 5 - 200Hz, HxB 140x140mm,…
    www.thomann.de

Für mich sind die Vision Ears VE6 ziemlich geil. Die Gitarre muss aber laut im Mix sein, sonst klingt sie dünn. Etwas "Space" hilft natürlich, das habe ich meist zwischen 2-3. Ist lange nicht so geil wi meine Neumann NDH 30, die sind wirklich MEGA, aber es tuts für die Probe und die Bühne. Klingt i.d.R. besser als die meisten monitor wedges ... die finde ich eher sehr oft schauderhaft.
    Aber ich liebäugle auch mit einem Fender FR-10, weil der Knopf im Ohr halt doch oft die Freude an der Live Atmosphäre etwas trüben kann.

Oddly enough, one of my favorite cabs to use is one of a Redbox. I'm pretty sure its from a Tubemeister Profile.

I didn't realize it was a cab sim....of a cab sim, until after I'd come to like it. Kind of a 2x12 V30 sound, but with more bottom end and not quite as much 'honk'.

Well I sometimes switch the filter on the HK to on, but quickly realise it's a different league than a good Cab simulation. That said, with a good room to give it some space, it might not be too bad. But the idea to make an IR of it seems kinda odd to me.

I don’t know whether it will address your exact issue, but there’s a maker of profiles called Top Jimi (I have no connection) who posted some possible explanations for this in a faq:

https://topjimi.com/blogs/jims-kem…d-like-the-demo

Jimi forgot to mention the most important aspect: your playing. Like Ed playing a Fender Combo backstage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On Delay it makes a huge difference:
    -If you use it Mono or Stereo
    -How Wet it is
    -If it's before or after Dirt/Amp
    -If it's a dirty amp or a clean amp and if dirty, how dirty
    -The pickups (singles, HB, bright, mellow...)
    -How you play (palm muting, dynamics, ...)

I guess I bought about 27899 delay pedals from demos and was disappointed after - at least buying rigs is a bit cheaper :P

Here's the Z Reck - it really is very EL84 in a good way!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.