Basic Kemper information

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello all need some help/advice ..just took possession of an older Kemper profiler with the amplifier head capability.. previous owner didn’t know much about it other than it sat in his studio for years and was seldom used. apparently, some aftermarket profiles were purchased to go along with it. it is approximately 10 years old. release date is 5.2.0.12879. Wondering would that release/date age require a different manual than a current manual. also, is it too old for rig manager? is it worthwhile or advisable to connect the USB port to my computer to see what is on it? I have scrolled through some settings with the browser knob and it sounds great but for instance, how far would I have to scroll before I found the add on profiles that he paid for? To sum up I know very little about the Kemper so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

• My understanding is that there’s no reason why your older Kemper couldn’t ultimately be upgraded to the very latest OS, but I think with an OS as old as 5.x you can’t jump straight to the latest OS, but have to go through the intermediate step of an intervening OS. I can’t remember which version that is though. Others have will know more. I’d recommend contacting Kemper support, they can advise how best to bring your Kemper up to date. Welcome to the world of Kemper!

Edit: when I started writing my reply there were no other replies to your questions, by the time I posted my reply I see that another user and even Kemper Support had responded 🙂 . Kemper Support are very helpful and my experience is that this is a friendly community.

Edited once, last by BadBadger (October 3, 2024 at 10:17 PM).

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

And indeed, Kemper's service is outstanding. They spotted you here in the forum within 5 minutes. How cool is that? :)

• Thanks so much friend, to be honest I’m an older guy. This sounds a bit complicated to upgrade via two upgrades for me. So I may opt to use it as is and not worry about the upgrade. Definitely going to require some exploration with a manual. Can anybody recommend which manual to get? again any comments are welcome thanks.

• Thanks so much friend, to be honest I’m an older guy. This sounds a bit complicated to upgrade via two upgrades for me. So I may opt to use it as is and not worry about the upgrade. Definitely going to require some exploration with a manual. Can anybody recommend which manual to get? again any comments are welcome thanks.

I really would recommend going the upgrade route, there have been many improvements since 5.x, don’t worry support will talk you through it.

• Def. talk to their support. Even if you decide to keep as is, they will be able to provide you with the manual that was current with that OS version. Although, and I say this as someone who was outspoken about not wanting or needing the Rig manager, You should consider having them walk you through the update process. It's pretty simple even if it takes a few extra steps but without rig manager you could be scrolling for a long long time. RM makes auditioning/editing profiles very simple and allows you to store all of them on you computer while only keeping the ones you truly like on the profiler itself.

• Truly amazed actually.. what the heck as long as I’m here I will introduce myself. I’m a typical singer songwriter with a bedroom studio I do the virtual keys drums singing, etc.myself. I lean, a bit towards country music with some pop mixed in, working now on a song with more of a Latin beat, which is a new one on me!. have a few songs on sound click RME Babyface Avalon 737 pre-amp some blue sky speakers cubase12 I’m more of an acoustic guitarist than an electric guy, but can make do. have been using, a line 6 pod for quite a while and the Kemper already blows it away … even if it is an older kemper😂 thx for the welcome

• Hi all thanks for the warm welcome. I just got this unit a few days ago, so just getting started. I would not rule out the necessary updates I’m sure Kemper would not say it was doable If it was not.. have to think about it a bit. thanks guys and or girls