Kemper Stage vs. Player (Level III Upgrade)

• One thing to keep in mind with the Player vs the other units The Player can accept MIDI commands. Other than MIDI clock, it cannot send them.

I use my profiler head to send MIDI to a pedal switcher to operate up to three dirt pedals and it works really well for me. The disadvantage is the head/remote/pedals is a bit cumbersome to move.

That's not a deal breaker by any stretch, but it does require a little rethink should I get a Player. Or.....I get a Stage. Or....I get a set of Fralin Unbuckers for my Les Paul and stick with what I've got....

I dunno....but its fun to spend money in your head a million times over. :)

• The whole point of the OP was to try to nail down what is different between models. But of course everyone here gets butt hurt because they think its bashing The Player in some way. So they just defend the player and its pricing. Classic interneting guys.

:D

No one mentioned the fact with the Player AND the Stage you can now get TWO PROFILES at once. So the Level 1(?) base model could just augment the Stage.

So the Player model is really just a Stage Upgrade. ;)

• My original point was simply to say there is a great deal the Stage can accomplish that a Level III Player cannot.

OTOH, if you have a pedalboard of fx and are after a good source of amp sounds... ;)

... or if you are looking for a compete unit that fits your guitar bag's pocket... ;)

Lastly, let's not forget that you can buy a Player Level I and upgrade as you wish in many years, which is not trivial IMO/IME

The whole point of the OP was to try to nail down what is different between models. But of course everyone here gets butt hurt because they think its bashing The Player in some way.

Actually, ha wrote "Is a Kemper Player (Level III) appropriately priced compared to a Stage? I'm not so sure...". I think people are responding to that statement ;)

Still chasing a worthy one :/