Level II upgrade

• Think of it this way. I bought the Kemper stage for around $2,300.00 worth every penny to me.

You are getting the Kemper player for $1,069.00 + $455.00 (updates) = $1,524.00

That's quite a bit cheaper than what I paid and you get all the sounds I love. I'm thinking about it just for the real estate that it will save me. The perfect studio/fly rig.

Yeah but if you want the same functionality as the the stage, so all the buttons for presets and programmable loops.... You probably end up with the same prices

• Yeah but if you want the same functionality as the the stage, so all the buttons for presets and programmable loops.... You probably end up with the same prices

True the Stage functionality is quite amazing I can't fault you on that because I totally agree with you. The player would have been more than good enough for what I use the stage for. So for me the player makes total sense even with the paid upgrades because its so much smaller.

• The reason for keeping the upgrade license would of course be in case you would want to purchase a new one at a later time.

Well, but it's the same, isn't it?

Image you've upgraded a given unit with a hw card. If you sell it the price will of course be higher (with a loss, as usual). Whether or not you re-buy the unit would be irrelevant.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to me that the perspective of re-buying the unit justifies criticisms to the upgrade(s) being tied to the device :)

Yeah but if you want the same functionality as the the stage, so all the buttons for presets and programmable loops.... You probably end up with the same prices

I think that if one wants the same functionalities as the Stage... they buy a Stage :)

A different unit (whatever it is) stands on itself in terms of advantages and disadvantages, you just buy what best suits your needs. For many users, the Player's small form factor is a great advantage.

Having said this, you can't have a supercomputer of 1 exaflop/sec in a matchbox that costs 500 €... I mean, there always be functions or I/O missing for the price :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/