POE with ethercon

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hey all

Does anyone know of a Power Over Ethernet box to extend the cable length to the remote that has Ethercon rather than just standard Ethernet connectors?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi, often wondered the same myself and the only thing I can see, but is now discontinued, is this by Neutrik

NPS-30W
    *discontinued*sale through Neutrik Group subsidiaries and distributors while supplies last NPS-30W is Neutrik's answer to increasing demand for PoE…
    www.neutrik.com

Might be able to find one second hand

Good luck!

• New
    • Official Post

Normally, you should place the PoE injector or hub close to the PROFILER and connect both via a short standard Ethernet cable. Ideally you place the whole set up in a Rack and put the long Ethernet cable in the back during transportation. A simple cable tie could act as strain relief.

• What I have done is put a POE close to the Profiler and run from the PoE to an ethercon socket. Then I bough an ethercon converter to convert my kemper cable to ethercon at both ends.

I did mine to protect the sockets rather than a long cable run the impact should be the same..

• I’ve just found that the Ethernet connector on the Kemper has become too flaky to trust in a big touring situation.
    Even though I’ve always had it built into a rack with a short Ethernet connector to an ethercon connector on another panel so that the connection is never ‘stressed’.

So for this upcoming touring I’m doing the British Audio mod and so would need ethercon all round.

The sticking point is that they want to hide the Kempers offstage and potentially at least more than 25 feet away.

Thanks for all the input.
    I’ll check the Thomann.

But any other sources please chime in!

• Ahh so the british audio mod will have the ethercon output.

I guess the alternative is short ethercon to ethernet into poe, ethernet to ethercon socket loaded into a rack, ethercon output.... its messy but would work as the PoE will drive the cable length....