Reset volume position (Player)....

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi,

I've noticed, many times, that after starting up my Player, the sound is not crunched or distorded as it should be.... I use a pedal for volume all the time (or almost)

After research, it appears that the volume pedal's position has changed and moved from the output (locked for all rigs ;)), to the input.

I know i can have touched accidently this parameter when changing BPM or something else but it has arrived many times and this would mean that i've changed just before switching my device off and unfortunately/strangely i reboot with this "problem". Never had this matter with my Stage....

I ask myself (and have to try/see) if i don't plug my pedal after starting up or not ? :/

Has anyone met this problem ?

• As the Player doesn't have a lock function it makes sense that you would experience this behaviour. Unfortunately,I don't think there is any alternative to Burkhard suggestion.

This has caught me out several times with the head too. Unfortunately the default position for Volume Pedal is Input rather than (in my opinion) the more sensible Output position. We can get the same effect as a pedal on input just by turning down the guitar's volume knob but the volume knob on the guitar can't perform like a pedal at the end of the chain. This is one of the very few examples of Kemper getting the logic wrong but it is so well established that I don't think it could ever be fixed now.

I am not keen on locking the rig section so have to remember to resave every rig with correct volume pedal position. Unfortunately, this means I often accidentally create a duplicate rig then load the wrong one into a performance anyway.