[Solved] Expression Pedal connected to MIDI controller isn't working properly

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hey everyone,

I recently got my KPP for the sake of portability and liked the idea of extending it with a MIDI Captain controller which also offers two additional expression pedal inputs. The pedal I'm using is from Mission Engineering (EP1-KP).

Unfortunately this pedal doesn't seem to have the same curve as compared when connected directly to the KPP or my Rack. The controller got a little display showing the current pedal position in a graph type graphic. When looking at this I can clearly see it's far from being linear. The first few centimetres it goes from value 0 to almost 127 leaving the spare movement meaningless. I also got a Profiler Rack which allows to see those values in the same way and there it's clearly linear.

Is this related to the pedal itself, the midi controller or what the KPP does with that data? Would a different pedal behave differently? And what could I do to properly use this pedal input on the midi controller?

If possible I don't want to directly connect it as I'd like to use this input for controlling the corresponding slot On/Off via the same pedal.

Thanks in advance!

• KeasyKeasy August 17, 2024 at 12:07 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Expression Pedal connected to MIDI controller isn't working properly” to “[Solved] Expression Pedal connected to MIDI controller isn't working properly”.
  • Thanks for the answer. Rewiring is not an option as it then wouldn’t match my Rack anymore. I guess I‘ll get another pedal then.

You could simply make a small adapter TRS plug to TRS socket and wire it T to R, R to T, S to S (swap over T & R)

Will mean you can keep the same pedal and save some cost.

Worth a try first, just in case there is another problem somewhere else