Screen protector thread (was: why would an admin trash a thread?)

• Like the title says, I can understand a thread being closed, especially where i goes off topic or gets out of hand.
    Similarly, i see the reason for banning users for hate-speech or offensive content.
    I'm sure we are also aware that some conversations are less serious than others and are more entertaining than informative and permit freedom of speech.
    Likewise, compliments and negative comments to other manufacture's gear is tolerated to a point so we can all share our thought and options.

However, my recent thread on "who still has the screen protector on", although light-hearted and not much user-value other than friendly chat, has been deleted by admins.

I'm not bothered by the loss of content but would like to know the reason why this has happened or if something unacceptable has been added to the thread.

• I have the Stage (well 3 of them actually 😀), I replaced the plastic film with a tough, third-party plexiglass type screen protector, quite thick and tough. Just in case. Being a floor mounted unit, it’s always possible something heavy gets dropped, and if it fell on the screen, a cracked screen would mean shipping off to Kemper for repair, which I’d rather avoid. The plexi screen protector obviously isn’t indestructible, but it’s better than no screen protector.

• G String August 15, 2024 at 3:02 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “why would an admin trash a thread?” to “Screen protector thread (was: why would an admin trash a thread?)”.