Can I use aby switch with kemper and an other amp?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Hello,

I want to have a royal blood like configuration but with a guitar, I wanted to connect aby switch to the kemper (and to a pa) for the Bass sound and then just connect a guitar combo to the aby for the guitar sound.

I saw somebody talking about it on the forum and mentionned the fact that the kemper is class d (is the big shot aby compatible with kemper?) and Is it possible to use the kemper connected to pa and then just use the combo amp with its own cab? (Orange crush CR60C)

Thank you by advance ^^

Anthony

• I’m not sure I understand your exact situation. You mention a/b/y switching but is this in front of the Kemper or after it? You also mention Class D power amp but also refer to the `stage which doesn’t have a power amp so wouldn’t be relevant. It is also possible to do some of what you mentioned inside the KPA without the need for an A/B/Y switch by utilising the different output source settings and/or Parallel Path option.

If you make a simple signal flow chart/diagram of exactly what you want I’m sure one of us can answer your question better.

• I've done a diagram to show you what I wanted to do!

I just want to do the royal blood setup but with a guitar. I want to have separate effects on the 2 amp. (Whammy and eq on bass amp) and (Fuzz on guitar amp). That's why I need to put it in front to be able to have different effects with the 2 amp. And use the 2 amp at the same time!

• The big shot is instrument level so that will work find for the above setup. You dont need to worry about amplifier class and since you are using the profiler stage there is no amplifier in it class D or otherwise. It's just a line level output.

• As dfdfan said, you don’t need to worry about class d etc in that setup.

The Radial should work fine if you already have it but you could achieve that setup using just the Kemper itself if you want.

Set up the rig with Parallel Path enabled. Then put a Loop Effect in Stomp A or B with the send going to the Orange but no return. In this scenario you will get the Orange added to the Kemper whenever you activate the loop.

• antho717

please refer to the chapter 'Output Section' of the manual, page 129

DI Analog is an available option, no further hardware is needed.

"The pure, clean instrument signal is sent to the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND 1 by an analog splitter, no analog to digital conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as on the instrument input. Useful for reamping or running a second amp in parallel.
    PROFILER Stage: only available for SEND 1 output"

• Thank you all for your answers! it’s helping me to see more clearly the possibilites without buying new stuff.
    Wheresthedug it seems really nice like this, but is it possible to do it the other way too? Muting kemper and using only the Orange?

And DonPetersen can I use this with effects with my second amp or is it just for clean pure sound?

Sorry for all my questions, I really feel like a noob on this :D