Silly question about Mattfig dumble liquid profiles

• Hi all, I’m new to liquid profiles I guess and I’m at a loss with Mattfig’s Dumbell LP pack. I’m sure I’m just doing something stupid here, everyone says these are the best. There’s 60 profiles. Half have a gain level in the rig manager profile list of zero and half have it at 4. Of the zero gain ones, the output is so low that I can barely hear any sound. In fact bypassing the amp block results in a higher volume. These aren’t DI profiles or anything. And the gain can be already preset to anywhere depending on the profile. I need to turn up ‘generic gain’ to get some level but then the LP gain is subsequently moved up to 12 and not quite the right sound.

Someone please tell me what stupid mistake I’m making here. I’ve used other LP’s and haven’t had this issue.

Thank you!

PS I watched the promo video on YouTube and the guitarist had the same zero gain in the rig manager list but things sounded amazing. Unfortunately he never clicked on the actual amp block to see what settings he was using.

• I've got those Profiles and after reading your post i've tested it and it's exactly the same for me. However, when I load a profile and then move the gain even the tiniest bit, the profile immediately jumps to normal volume.

Im on OS 11 beta though, maybe it has to do with that. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I believe the behavior was different with OS10.

• Here also the same.

It seems as the (liquid) gain is stored to another setting then the Generic Gain.

Just a tiny touch to each of both will let the other jump to its comparable setting.

I am also in 11 Beta.

• Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm on OS 10.2 so it's not just an 11 beta thing, if it is a thing. And the idea to increase the amp gain is a good one in a pinch. I also found throwing a booster effect in front or using a preamp plugin on my audio interface to crank it has good results. Just seems strange as I haven't had this issue before. Mine does not jump to a normal level with any gain adjustment of either the (liquid) gain or the generic gain.

Interesting that some other packs may have a similar issue however I haven't had any to test.

As an aside, I reached out to Matt via Youtube and he responded quickly and could not have been more helpful. He is a stand up guy. He retested his profiles but regrettably there wasn't a solution on my end.

Didn't I read somewhere about cleansense being changed / turned off or something due to impacting on liquid profiles? I might be wrong and it also might be unrelated, I'm not sure.