Loudness of profiles

• Besides there are sometimes extremly loud profiles to be found on RigExchange, my overall impression is that most profiles are coming with very low loudness. When I test them, I'm coming from my profiles at Performance mode, going to Browse mode. Then, when I load some profile from RigExchange, they are sounding on my Headrush FRFR box with it's loudness settings very thin, with no volume and as such unusable. Lastly, I tested the new profiles of Thomas Dill and immediately didn't like them because of that low loadness. Ok, I can rise up the loadness level on my FRFR box. But then this would be inappropriate to the level of my stored performances.

Now my question is: why do people record these profiles with such a low loudness level?

• Official Post

the dillrigs Rig Pack is as all our Rig Packs levelled as much as possible to a certain value of Integrated LUFS, as are all of our factory rigs.

some people like to insert a Boost or EQ in the post STACK slots simply to boost the rigs volume, which is nonsense.
    Instead, Rig Volume should be used to create a somewhat even level across all rigs.

I assume that this is at least in part done intentionally to create the illusion of a louder (-> better sounding) rig.
    It is impossible for the human ear to compare sounds that have a difference in loudness/volume.

I suggest to use a rig as template (Golub Crunch for example) and to level rigs accordingly.

• I use Loudness Meter in Logic to level my tones. It's the only thing that gives me instantly good balance between clean and dirt, effect laden and dry. Just level it all to the same loudness. Not sure what it does, but works way better than usual level meters.