Brian May's treble booster...

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage
    Code
    hello everyone,
    Can  Kemper's treble booster or kemper drive effectively simulate Brian May's treble booster? What would the settings be? https://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/bmg-electronics/bmg-tb-classic.html
  • There's a Brian May Rig in KEMPER LEGENDS TRIBUTE COLLECTION done by Thomas Dill (i assume seeing rig's name) :

I don't have the device in front of me and played the player yesterday, there was no treble booster but i think this is a missed FX in the small unit.

I think on Profiler Stage, this FX should appear....

• I recently saw a kid go into GC and want to buy a treble booster. Nothing else would do, he wanted that. Likely heard somebody like Page or May talk about using one. I thought: I wonder if he knows that treble boosters were predecessors to overdrives with overdrives being a superior upgrade that put treble boosters to the wayside like CDs did Vinyl.. (hence why there are gillions of overdrives but few people selling "treble boosters". You can set a lot of overdrives to be treble boosters but not vice versa. IMO there's nothing magic about a treble booster you can't do with an overdrive with an EQ. It's just boosting the signal. Treble boosters just boost the upper range more. You can set an overdrive to do that too. I'd bet Brian may would sound just as good with an SD-1,Timmy or something.

• There's a Brian May Rig in KEMPER LEGENDS TRIBUTE COLLECTION done by Thomas Dill (i assume seeing rig's name) :

I don't have the device in front of me and played the player yesterday, there was no treble booster but i think this is a missed FX in the small unit.

I think on Profiler Stage, this FX should appear....

Unfortunately, these settings don't sound good with the real Red Special. Additionally, there is no Vox cabinet in this profile...

Btw, it's a pity that Michael Britt only uses this 3rd Power Switchback cabinet in most of his profiles... This makes all these profiles sound similar to each other...

Edited once, last by marshall34 (June 19, 2024 at 8:59 PM).

• Btw, it's a pity that Michael Britt only uses this 3rd Power Switchback cabinet in most of his profiles... This makes all these profiles sound similar to each other...

I actually like that he does that. Speakers and cabs have a huge impact on sound , I want to eliminate that from the equation. It makes all the profiles sound similar because many amps do as well. There are only so many types of distortion you can have that sound good to people.

• Additionally, there is no Vox cabinet in this profile...

Btw, it's a pity that Michael Britt only uses this 3rd Power Switchback cabinet in most of his profiles...

Go ahead and change it. Just find a Vox cab in another profile and swap it. Various ways to do it. Sometimes it sounds surprisingly good, sometimes it doesn't work. But trying it out is just a few clicks away and then you know :)

I actually like that he does that. Speakers and cabs have a huge impact on sound , I want to eliminate that from the equation.

Same here. And the sound guys like that because it reduces inconsistencies in the sound and setup. So I go with another Britt cab (from the CnG pack) in all my profiles for live use. Works super well once you find a cab that hits the sweet spot for you :thumbup: