Wet-Dry-Wet Questions (my turn)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Greetings all. I've been debating going to a wet-dry-wet setup, but only for home use (I'm a hobby player, not a gigger). I have a Toaster with non-powered Kabinet and I love the sound (Dream Theater, Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd, RUSH, all over the place). I'm curious if I'm best off with the Toaster/Kab solution (Speaker Out) and/or if I am missing something by not using monitors (with the Kab at the same time)?

1. Main Outs to Monitors (set for Master Stereo = wet - right or wrong?) with Kab using Speaker Out for dry (or would Direct Out be preferred?

2. Should the Main Outs be set for Dly/Rvb instead of Master Stereo, although that sounds odd (to me) not to have sound coming through monitors at all times.

3. Or is using monitors (w/ or w/o sub) a better solution than using a Kab? I heard one YT video of Yamaha HS7's with a sub that sounded incredible.

Again, strictly for home fun! I appreciate any thoughts and guidance. So thankful the Forum is back functional.

• I don't know direct out behavior vs monitor. But for Kab, monitor output is the way to go...

You can send main outs to FRFR in "master stereo" and set the monitor output to dry (don't remember the set up after the amp...)

You can set monitor output for imprints too if you want....

• KEMPER Kone chassis always need to be driven from the MONITOR OUT with Kemper Kone Mode activated. This is independant from the cabinet these are mounted in. If your cabinet is unpoweered like the KEMPER Kabinet you can drive it from the SPEAKER OUT of a PowerHead or PowerRack, since the internal power amp is always fed by the signal of the MONITOR OUT. If you run stereo setup with KEMPER Kones you can activate Monitor Stereo, which pairs the DIRECT OUT with the MONITOR OUT establishing astereo MONITOR OUT. All settings of the MONITOR OUT now apply to both.

The essential nature of a wet/dry/wet setup is, that the wet signal only includes the effect portion of the delay and reverb effects. In case of the PROFILER "DLY/REV Wet" delivers just the effect portion of delay and reverb effects in modules DLY and REV.