OS11 public beta, system crashes when external midi pedal is connected

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

KPA:

Two cases in Perform mode

1. External MidiCaptain controller, KPA connects to MidiCaptain's usb-B port via usb-A port and sends CC/PC/SysEx commands.

2. Bluetooth MIDI adapter (M-VAVE) plugged into the KPA's usb-A port, send CC commands using MidiPad 2 on iphone.

Mostly happens in about 30 minutes, all buttons and LED indications freeze, no response to any operation, only shutdown and restart.

KPP:

1.MidiCaptain has been adapted to KPP and works fine.

2.Bluetooth MIDI adapter (M-VAVE) plugged into the usb-A port of KPP, and using MidiPad 2 on iphone to send CC commands, KPP works fine(

The previous test was not rigorous).

The above are the results of my tests over the past few days, I have contacted the MidiCaptain team about what is happening on the KPA!

Other issues need further testing

In BROWSER mode of KPA:

May 13 Test Progress:

1. Bluetooth MIDI adapter (M-VAVE) connected to IPHONE, using MIDI PAD2 to send CC49 and CC48 twice each for switching the RIG, the KPA crashes in about 9 minutes.

I have repeated this operation several times and this operation can be reproduced

2. MidiCaptain uses a cable to connect to the USB-A port of the KPA.

Switching back and forth between PC1 and PC2 twice to switch the RIG (I assigned a PC number to the KPA's RIG), the KPA crashed in about 9 minutes.

Switching back and forth twice between PC8 and PC9 to switch RIGs, the KPA crashed in about 10 minutes.

This operation can be reproduced

May 15 Test Progress:

Using two 5-pin midi cables, connect the Midi out and Midi in of the KPA to the MidiCaptain, send PC commands and CC commands respectively, and after a period of time running, there is no system crash, and the KPA works fine.

Edited 2 times, last by AppleTreeChen (May 18, 2024 at 3:02 PM).

• Have you tried your midicaptain in one of the "standard" or super modes? Perhaps try an older firmware to elminate the problem could be with the midi-captian KPP custom firmware

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll give it a try

The results of my new round of testing on the OS11 public beta are as follows:

1. So far, KPP (midi) works all right (M-VAVE Bluetooth MIDI adapter and MidiCaptain 10 switch version)!

2. KPA in both Browse mode and Perform mode with external MIDI controllers causes crashes (M-VAVE Bluetooth MIDI adapter or MidiCaptain 10 switched version) that have been reproduced from minutes to tens of minutes!

The situation may be clear, but I'll do some further testing as well

• can you record the midi data sent to the KPA?maybe we can reproduce the problem if we have a recording of that midi data (with exact timings)

Okay, I'll try to keep a log of the operations for the next test.

oh.. and by the way: does the crash happen too when only DIN MIDI is used?

I don't have a DIN MIDI cable at the moment, I'll be purchasing one for testing as soon as I can!

• @

can you record the midi data sent to the KPA?maybe we can reproduce the problem if we have a recording of that midi data (with exact timings)

Hi Mr. kpahuitsing, I did a few more tests and recorded some data:

In BROWSER mode of KPA:

1. Bluetooth MIDI adapter (M-VAVE) connected to IPHONE, using MIDI PAD2 to send CC49 and CC48 twice each for switching the RIG, the KPA crashes in about 9 minutes.

I have repeated this operation several times and this operation can be reproduced

2. MidiCaptain uses a cable to connect to the USB-A port of the KPA.

Switching back and forth between PC1 and PC2 twice to switch the RIG (I assigned a PC number to the KPA's RIG), the KPA crashed in about 9 minutes.

Switching back and forth twice between PC8 and PC9 to switch RIGs, the KPA crashed in about 10 minutes.

This operation can be reproduced

I'll continue DIN MIDI testing when I receive my purchased MIDI cable!

• @

oh.. and by the way: does the crash happen too when only DIN MIDI is used?

May 15 Test Progress:

Using two 5-pin midi cables, connect the Midi out and Midi in of the KPA to the MidiCaptain, send PC commands and CC commands respectively, and after a period of time running, there is no system crash, and the KPA works fine.

At this point, all the tests I can do have been done, and the situation is obvious, so is there anything special about the KPA's MIDI communication over the USB-A port, and does the kemper have any official recommendations for hardware MIDI pedals on the receiving end, or MIDI APPs on the mobile side (used via Bluetooth adapter connection)?