New Kemper Stage Owner (Previously owned AXE 2, Helix, and GT1000)

• Just have to say I am totally blown away by the sound quality of the profiles and effects. In addition the control layout/design is so well thought out. First time I have gotten a new piece of gear and basically been able to figure out all the functionality without needing a deep user manual/watching videos. As a result I am really inspired to play the guitar and I have spent minimal time tweaking the sound because I am getting exactly the sounds I want with a few minor tweaks/adding modules.

My first profile I played was a 2011 AC20 amp and it just immediately sounded good without even adjusting anything. So far I am really like the Matchless amps in normal profile mode and I like the Plexi liquid profile/tonestack too. I also was impressed by a lot of the profiles I found for free on the rig exchange. It was so quick to try new sounds/I pretty much knew immediately which ones would work for me. Grabbed some Tone Junkie free presets/effects as well that are great.

I think having spent 9 years deep diving with the Axe II may have been a great primer for being able to use the Kemper so easily, but nonetheless I am so stoked to have my Kemper. I will report back after the honeymoon period, but I am a guy who will return things instantly if I know they are not a good fit/I am so critical of what I need from my gear/sound.

Quick take away is that Kemper is the best of all the ones I have owned for sound and control. Fractal is still great for studio/recording, but Kemper actually feels like an amp in the room and doesn't require 100 parameters for each module. I know it will also shine in recordings/pair well with the Axe FX for multi tracking. Helix is my least favorite and the Boss is alright. I just have a weird disconnect when playing Helix, so the sound is not necessarily bad, just the response to my dynamics/feel is off.

• I think I got very lucky buying the Kemper at present day. When I read through the addendum list every firmware upgrade/revision has really improved the unit. It is very apparent that Kemper really has listened to the user base. I eventually got sick of the new firmware upgrades almost every week that sometimes made my patches sound worse with Fractal lol.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Can't wait to check out some more rigs tonight on the exchange.

• Welcome aboard! You're in for quite a ride. Owning a Kemper has felt more like having a subscription where you're constantly being sent new gear. Liquid profiling was a game changer for me - and yeah, the Plexi tone stack is amazing. I originally bought my Stage to "preserve" my weird old silverface Bassman in case long-overdue maintenance and repairs got rid of some of its uniqueness, but I've only just got around to doing it because I've had such a good time with the profiles that are available. I've also only just started using my pedals again, too.

It's an amazing piece of gear and you'll fall in love with it over and over again.