Rig Manager keeps disconnecting

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I just got a used Kemper Profiler and downloaded the Rig Manager. Updated the Rig Manager and the Kemper to the latest software and firmware versions respectively. I am using a mac OS. However, the rig manager keeps disconnecting every now and then and doesn't connect to the Kemper until I reboot the Kemper (or disconnect and reconnect the USB cable) which is really frustrating. I have tried multiple USB cables. As I mentioned the softwares/firmware are upto date. How is that a device this mature has basic connectivity issues? What else can I try?

Errors i Get:

Scanning for Profilers

USB cable is unstable

The other issue I am noticing is that when I change profiles in rig manager (double clicking on a different profile) it's a couple of seconds before that profile changes on the Kemper.

Edited 2 times, last by puneettaneja (April 6, 2024 at 5:26 PM).

• Welcome to Kemper world. They simply can't figure pout how to make USB work consistently. I even disconnected all other usb devices and bought a brand new cable. Same f#$%ing thing. Really sad

I must apologize. I replaced my cable and all is working again. This is the 3rd cable in 12 months. Different brands each time. Pulling my hair out!

Edited once, last by JimiGarcia (April 26, 2024 at 12:45 AM).

• for you it seems to cause problems... for thousands of others it works fine

Did you consider that it _maybe_ isn't the Kemper, but _maybe_ your specific setup? (Windows version, USB driver version, USB interface hardware, USB hub, virus protection, CPU load, still a bad/too long cable despite being 'new' etc. etc. etc. )

.... just a thought

• for you it seems to cause problems... for thousands of others it works fine

Did you consider that it _maybe_ isn't the Kemper, but _maybe_ your specific setup? (Windows version, USB driver version, USB interface hardware, USB hub, virus protection, CPU load, still a bad/too long cable despite being 'new' etc. etc. etc. )

.... just a thought

almost 4 years using the Kemper Stage and zero issues with the USB cable,im on Mac

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I am already in contact with the support because I have the same problem. It appeared only with the latest RM version. If I install the old everything work fine, so maybe is a combination of casuality/setup.. Maybe not. In any case I need to admit that I found it really frustrating too, and reading some arrogant answers is not pleasant.