Hollow sounding Kabinet in overdrive

• Try as I may with these old ears I cant seems to be able to climb out of the hollow sounding sound I get when using a profile that has distortion. Hard to describe but its like playing in a hall ish. Maybe someone can relate and help ?? Thank you

• Try as I may with these old ears I cant seems to be able to climb out of the hollow sounding sound I get when using a profile that has distortion. Hard to describe but its like playing in a hall ish. Maybe someone can relate and help ?? Thank you

Hi Lindsay, please describe your Profiler set up in more detail. Power Kabinet or Kabinet?

If it is a Power Kabinet: do you connect to the Monitor Output? What is the Output Source for Monitor Out? It should be Master Mono.

Open a support ticket here: SUPPORT

• My ears are also quite old, I have played a passive Kabinet since release with a powered rack live with hi gain sounds and definitely have no hollow sound, so Im fairly sure it is a global setting issue.

Before you go into eq-ing, you need to check some basics, eg output settings.

As mentioned, give more detail on your set up.

• Hi Lindsay, please describe your Profiler set up in more detail. Power Kabinet or Kabinet?

If it is a Power Kabinet: do you connect to the Monitor Output? What is the Output Source for Monitor Out? It should be Master Mono.

Thanks for the reply. I have a Powered Kabinet and am using the Kemper Stage . Monitor Cab is off. As you suggest I have now changed to Master Out in the Monitor out section and it does seem to have improved. I will fiddle more. Thank you very much . From Cape Town

• My ears are also quite old, I have played a passive Kabinet since release with a powered rack live with hi gain sounds and definitely have no hollow sound, so Im fairly sure it is a global setting issue.

Before you go into eq-ing, you need to check some basics, eg output settings.

As mentioned, give more detail on your set up.

The ear bit at the moment is a sensitive issue :) _ I am in the smae year league as Ozzie and Plant ..... so you can Imagine. Maybe its me ears :) - But changing a few things as suggested certainly seems to have helped . Thank you for your time

• The ear bit at the moment is a sensitive issue :) _ I am in the smae year league as Ozzie and Plant ..... so you can Imagine. Maybe its me ears :) - But changing a few things as suggested certainly seems to have helped . Thank you for your time

Understand dude. You will know if its your ears if all sounds are like that and from any other amp.

Hope you get it sorted :)