• and I am trying to get back in the game after recovering from Trigger Finger surgery. My wife has been wanting me to do a "soft and slow" song so I came up with this. This is the best kemper acoustic sim effect I can get so far after merging tweaks from many other acousitc profiles. I used my Vortex Flanger pedal in front to give it a litte more chime. I will eventually do vocals on this later.

I wanto to get as close to demo quality now as possible as I move on from my 5 yrs of guitar.

Let me know if I need any tweaks like; more bass compression, more low end on drums or less treble on snare brushes, maybe more volume on mix, etc.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Sounds very pleasant, good sound. Well done and congrats on getting back up on that horse!

You could bring the drums further forward if you lower the hi-hat or roll off the top and overheads a little and sculpted the kick a little more or switched it for something with a tinge more resonance.

• Per , I tweaked the kick, snare, and hi-hat some and brought them forward. I also allowed more mid-range on the bass track and added a bit more volume to that. It should sound more "rounded" now, or I hope so. Let me know...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Definitely more present and Fleetwood Mac-y. The question is are you happy with the placement? Only you know your goal with the track.

If you need it to remain loud but feel further back you can scoop the snare lower frequencies slightly and add a little rolled off verb to re-fill it out.

• Definitely more present and Fleetwood Mac-y. The question is are you happy with the placement? Only you know your goal with the track.

If you need it to remain loud but feel further back you can scoop the snare lower frequencies slightly and add a little rolled off verb to re-fill it out.

I more happy with the second version because I feel it is overall a softer mix that brings the instruments closer in compliment and still allows the guitar and bass to be crisp. Of course I could do even more tweaks here and there but, I think it makes a good template to use for future "softies" and then add the subtleties as I go.

Thanks!

• Pretty cool Larry, well done and a great tone , I hear the pleasure after the frustration in that track ;)

vocals & backings would suit this track very well ...

• Pretty cool Larry, well done and a great tone , I hear the pleasure after the frustration in that track ;)

vocals & backings would suit this track very well ...

Thanks Renaud! I totally agree it needs some vocals!

I hoped everyone picked up on the little harmonic dive bombs in the verse. I was actually hearing that in my head when tracking the acoustic the first time and had to add it in for an accent. It's one of those small things that add plenty to the riff, I think.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan (November 22, 2023 at 6:37 PM).