Sending Midi Tempo to other devices - Delay Syncing

• I'm sure I'm doing something super obviously wrong, but I cant seem to get this to work.

I'm trying to send tempo changes out of a Kemper head to sync a F****l FX8 which is plugged into the stereo FX loop of the head.

I have a MIDI cable going from the Kemper head , (MIDI OUT) to the fx8 (MIDI IN).

On SYSTEM TAB > Page 14/18 PERFORM MODE MIDI, I have Channel 1 set to MIDI OUT.

On SYSTEM TAB > Page 15/18 MIDI SETTINGS, I have Pedals to Midi CHECKED and Send MIDI clock CHECKED.

In RIG TAB> Page 2/6, I have Tempo Enable CHECKED and Use Per. Tempo CHECKED

But it wont sync.

I tried deciphering the answer from the manual but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

What I'm hoping for is to be able to change patches and have the kemper tell the Fx8 to sync to the tempo and then also, when I tap tempo on the Kemper remote, it tells the FX8 to chase it so that I can have fx8 and kemper delays always in perfect sync.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

• All it takes at the PROFILER side is activating "Send MIDI Clock".

The settings on page 14 "Perform Mode:MIDI" have a different purpose.

"Pedals to MIDI" on page 15 has a different purpose, too.

As soon as you load a Rig with Tempo Enabled or you push the TAP button, which enables Tempo automatically, the external device should receive the MIDI Clock signal.

The option Performance Tempo is not required.

Make sure, the FX8 is ready to process MIDI clock.