Neural Amp Modeler, a free amp profiler?!?

• With the correct settings on buffers , I get a very good latency , just like my KPA , I'm using SSL2+ , but I still have some pops & cracks if I stack too many vst , I prefer to run just a verb and the KPA as pre FX stomp in front of NAM. The rest is done post rec on the DAW.

But I'm also building a VST platform with a mini PC to feed my DAW & use it as a NAM insert on my KPA on slot D ( dist loop ), this way I can also send NAM & my VST synths to the KPA for great post stack FX that I really dig ( delays etc ) , best of two worlds ' Knamper'

I bought a small PC setup with screen for 180€ for this purpose

Great minds think alike.

I was mostly just referring to the minor annoyance of having to manage latency when I'm in a track with a bunch of VIs and bus routing - I can hope for the best with low latency mode in Logic. Or, if I'm only recording guitars and the session isn't packed with a bunch of bus routing and heavy VIs, recording through NAM with software monitoring is fine.

But what I'd really like is to have NAM in front of everything else, going into UAD Console, where I can shape the hell out of it with native UAD effects and commit it like one would to tape - that's how I run my Kemper's SPDIF out.

Which is basically what you've done with the mini PC. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, just with a Raspberry PI and hadn't settled on whether that'd have enough juice. Your solution is a lot better - I'll have to look into this..

Any recs for a super cheapy audio interface that can handle a buffer of 64 or less with NAM?

• Any recs for a super cheapy audio interface that can handle a buffer of 64 or less with NAM?

I'm testing my old UX1 for now, I will change for an SSL2+ asap, they're around 100€here 2nd hand , and pretty good drivers , no hassle but no spdif , but TBH I much prefer driving the 4K mode in audio ( great color ) , you can drive the gain input like a real SSL console and feel like a real producer.

I also have an old roland quad capture with spdif, these are inexpensive and good quality , fine drivers too.

• But what I'd really like is to have NAM in front of everything else, going into UAD Console, where I can shape the hell out of it with native UAD effects and commit it like one would to tape - that's how I run my Kemper's SPDIF out.

Which is basically what you've done with the mini PC. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, just with a Raspberry PI and hadn't settled on whether that'd have enough juice. Your solution is a lot better - I'll have to look into this..

I wrote a VST and wanted to stream it on Twitch. Since OBS is not friendly with ASIO, I decided to run two sound cards.

Sound card 1: My VST/NAM/Etc

Sound card 2: DAW/Stream/Etc

My VST (Juce) and NAM (iPlug2) should allow you to select which card to use when you run the stand alone EXE versions.

Guitar --> SC1 In --> NAM -- SC1 Out --> SC2 In

Since I am poor white trash, I only have cheap sound cards and cant recommend anything good. My streaming PC uses a Sterling Audio H224 and a Helix LT.

I absolutely love the H224 design. Heavy, LED monitoring, Large volume knob. But it was very touchy when it comes to drivers. On ASIO it runs well enough it doesnt crackle or lag. On anything else it stuttered badly.