This might interest those who record and produce music in their home studios...

• I thought that this might interest those with home studios like myself. I recorded my fourth solo instrumental album over the past few years in this home studio and decided to film as many of the sessions as I could.

Having all this video footage available has enabled me to put together a “making of” video using a lot of the footage that I captured during the recordings.

This video gives an in depth analysis of three of the tracks and how these songs were constructed in terms of the instruments, parts, arrangement, production etc. Certain instrument parts are highlighted to provide the viewer/listener with an insight into how they fit into the final mix.

As you'll see, the entire album was recorded, mixed and mastered in Cakewalk by Bandlab (which is now a completely free downloadable DAW).

All the electric guitar parts were recorded with the Kemper directly into the DAW using my own profiles from my pedals and a Marshall JCM2000 combo.

The Hammond organ was recorded at the keyboard player’s home studio.

This has been a massive job to put together and I'm really happy with the results. I hope that you enjoy this as well!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love how you showed how the guitar tone sounded out of the mix and then in it. It is such a major difference in how you would perceive the tone. It was something I struggled with at first thinking any good guitar tone I made alone would work in a mix only to get disappointed. I think all guitarist should learn that first because it will save them some tone-chasing time.

Thanks for posting!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan (December 21, 2021 at 8:37 PM).

• I love how you showed how the guitar tone sounded out of the mix and then in it. It is such a major difference in how you would perceive the tone. It was something I struggled with at first thinking any good guitar tone I made alone would work in a mix only to get disappointed. I think all guitarist should learn that first because it will save them some tone-chasing time.

Thanks for posting!

I fully agree! Thanks for your comments.