Nanoboot: burnFrom USB{}

• Hoping there is some help out there or I have a very expensive paperweight. My version was 1.5 on an older Kemper. I followed the instructions and updated to 1.8.2 using a usb with no issue. Then I updated to 7.3.2. without any problems. While updating to 8.6.6 using the usb method, my wife started the vacuum and the fuse blew, causing the Kemper to lose power.

Upon startup the Kemper is frozen with no buttons lit with the message - nanoboot:burnFrom USB{} ERROR: unable to locate firmware fileon USB device failed to update firmware

I tried this, locating it on the forum:

Install or reinstall the firmware

• Switch the main knob to off

• Download the latest KPA firmware

• Get an empty fat32 formated USB stick

• Copy the unziped firmware file 'kaos.bin' to the root folder of the USB stick

• Plug the USB stick into the KPA

• Press and hold both '<' and '>' keys

• while still holding both keys - switch KPA to tuner

• Something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed

• Wait until the firmware is reinstalled

I tried versions 1.8.2, 7.3.2, 8.6.6 and nothing makes the Kemper leave this screen.

I have tried pressing just about every button on the screen and turning the Kemper from off to tuner with no change in the screen status.

Help!

• If you had already OS 7.3.2 for Upgraders up and running, don't return to OS 1.8.2. Starting with OS 8.6.6 from USB flash drive is the best option.

What if you simply restart the PROFILER?

If all this doesn't work, please open a support ticket.

• UPDATE: I got my Kemper going after a few attempts. I used a new USB with Fat 32 and the version that was being updated when it crashed. You don't know how great the Kemper is until you can't use it for a few months. I was to the point where I was thinking of buying a new one.