Fender Amps - Reverb and Vibrato

• So from what I've read here the KPA can replicate the clean and crunch tones of Fender amps pretty well. I have an early 70's Pro Reverb and the vibrato (tremolo, I know) and spring reverb are a big part of the sounds I love - How does the KPA measure up in this respect?

Thanks

Marco

• The Kemper do not profile FXs, but the included ones are excellent. Make a search on the forum for "spring reverb", someone here has given settings for that sound

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The Kemper do not profile FXs, but the included ones are excellent. Make a search on the forum for "spring reverb", someone here has given settings for that sound

The spring reverb is spot on IMHO but the Tremolo is not that great, if the benchmark is a tube-bias trem of vintage fenders. The later trem versions (photo cell I believe) can be done with the KPA trem pretty good but I had no luck in trying to copy the tremolo of my beloved brownface deluxe. There is a certain "juice" and "swoosh" in a bias trem that the Kemper doesn't model. That might be due to the side effects of varying bias that maybe does more than just modulate the volume.

I hope CK can improve on this eventually.

• the effects are pretty meh IMO,

the spring reverb - you can't get that splash and boing from it.
    Tremolo sounds like a typical digital tremolo.

I'm planning on getting a Malekko spring reverb pedal and putting it in the effects loop. Maybe an Empress tremolo pedal at some point as well.
    boss FRV-1 is a pretty decent spring reverb pedal as well...

then SOMEDAY maybe getting the '63 spring reverb tank from Fender, that would be the bomb, but it's like 800 bucks.

• the effects are pretty meh IMO,

the spring reverb - you can't get that splash and boing from it.
    Tremolo sounds like a typical digital tremolo.

I'm planning on getting a Malekko spring reverb pedal and putting it in the effects loop. Maybe an Empress tremolo pedal at some point as well.
    boss FRV-1 is a pretty decent spring reverb pedal as well...

then SOMEDAY maybe getting the '63 spring reverb tank from Fender, that would be the bomb, but it's like 800 bucks.

I think the Kemper reverbs are top class and I'm sure we will se more reverb types in future updates.
    Surf reverb is something very special to me and I hope for a surf spring tank simulation.
    A separate tube spring tank like the fender 63 tank in front of the amp input is a completely different beast than a polite built in amp fender spring reverb. That is the way to go if you want authentic raw Dick Dale sounds.
    I love surf and have A/B compared the 63 tank to a number of digital reverb pedals.
    No pedal is like the real thing in spring boing character and eq but I have the Boss FRV-1 as my personal favourite that comes closest. Some other pedals I compared are The Malekko, Digitech rv7, Digiverb, Holy grail, Rv-5.
    My best software surf spring choice is the Amplitube fender spring, it's very good imo.
    Modelers like the pod HD, Axe-fx 2 don't have the right authentic algorithms yet.

The Kemper already give me the best authentic amps and cabs so I would love if the Kemper could come up with the best authentic surf spring reverb 63 tube tank effect.
    Just A/B the real tank and start surf programming!
    :thumbup:

• I would second the Trem. - whilst I think the trem as is, is OK, but its just a bit generic.. "Boss" like..
    Fender set the standard for those. - then Vox... however my personal favorite is on the toneking!. if you not had the chance to try it.. go check it out, breathtakingly good!