KoneKonundrum v2

• I have a powered toaster - I had it plugged into a regular Orange 4x12 with 16ohms per speaker in series/parallel. Sounded great, but I was hoping for the versatility of the Kones. I put the Kones in exactly with the same wiring - of course they are 4ohms so much louder.

Generally I use monitor cab off, and rig cab off when I was using the old speakers. I was using the same configuration with imprints on. For gainy profiles, the imprints sound thin and fizzy. I know others have had this issue. EQing helps a little but the sound still isn't as good as the old speakers. I really like the Kones for the volume boost and clean sounds, but it just doesn't sound as good as the old speakers on gain profiles. I can EQ out the fizzy shrill stuff I originally get, but it still sounds thin.

People said to try monitor cab off but the cabinet in the profile on. I will try that...but I believe I had and it still sounds very thin.

Two questions:

- I read someone else had this exact problem and did a 'system reset' that fixed it. I guess this is a factory reset? Have others had this experience where it fixed something? Did they update again to newer OS's? I don't understand why that would fix it.

- Could it be the wiring of my cabinet? I wired it exactly like it was, which looks like series parallel, but I didn't follow the exact schematic in the Kone box for 4x12 (I assumed it was the same at first glance, but didn't look carefully).

Thanks for any help - I really don't want to go back to the old speakers.

• I think there was an issue with one of the upgrades recently that impacted some of the settings although this was on the beta ( memory fading...).

Every so often upgrades can change some global settings but suggest you contact support.

However, I would definitely check your wiring first....

My Kabinet with 1 kone sounds pretty full so I think there is an issue here...

• Thanks - appreciate that. I did open it back up and rewire exactly as Kemper recommends (which is Parallel/Serial) - Orange had wired Serial/Parallel - but a little different from all the Serial/Parallel diagrams I found on line. Anyway - that did help, I think something must have been a little out of phase. Now I'm getting good tones from profiles with the Kone on, Monitor Cabinet Off = On, but rig cabinet off.

I want to use the Rig Cabinets, but every time I enable one, it sounds as if a blanket was thrown over the sound - which I can't seem to EQ back to life the way it sounds with the Cabinets off. This is using decent bought profiles (Britt, Tone Junkie, etc). I'll continue to work with it.

I abandoned the betas a few months back when I had performance overwriting problems..but do run the latest full releases.