How to replicate the sound for Mr. Brightside

• As the title says, I'm trying to duplicate the sound that Dave Keuning of The Killers uses for Mr. Brightside. I know he use a David Gilmore Hiwatt for this song. Anyone out there have that sound already down and care to share your tips/settings? I was hoping there would be a Rig Rundown episode on YouTube for The Killers so I could see exactly what he's using, but I didn't find anything.

I'm using a Guthrie Govan signature model with HSH configuration. So with those pickups, I should be able to get pretty close. If any of you have that sound already replicated and want to share, I'd appreciate it. I use mainly MBritt profiles, so starting with one of his would be ideal, but I'm certainly open to whatever produces the best sound.

Edited once, last by OhG (June 3, 2019 at 9:09 PM).

• My band and I covered this song pretty often. I personally used Selah Sounds Jackson Scarlett Mark 2 amp profile. It's similar to most Vox AC30 type amps which has your typical British rock sound.

I used a guitar with humbuckers (bridge pickup), little bit of quarter note delay, reverb, and some slight overdrive/crunch.

Zach

Edited once, last by guitarmniac (June 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM).

• Thanks for all the help guys. I found the TAF Gilmour Hiwatt last night. I’ll give that a shot. Messed around with it last night but it isn’t as “full” sounding as all my MBritt profiles. I’ll see if I can tweak it to sound right.

• Thanks for all the help guys. I found the TAF Gilmour Hiwatt last night. I’ll give that a shot. Messed around with it last night but it isn’t as “full” sounding as all my MBritt profiles. I’ll see if I can tweak it to sound right.

There is a easier answer...its an awful song, don;t play it :)

Sorry, there are certain songs that grate, this is one of them for me. Much prefer somebody told me :)...Seriously, hope you get the sound sorted.