Main Out vs Monitor Out

• I need a quick clarification between Main Output and Monitor Output.

I just got the Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe and it sounds AWESOME. I connect the Kemper's Main Output into the Deuce Deluxe's Input. On the Kemper, it sounds way better with Cab Sim on, I tried with Cab sim off and it was thin and sterile, so I want to keep Cab Sim on.

I will be playing at a gig soon where I want to use both Main Outputs to send stereo signal to FOH. But I will also have my Deuce Deluxe on stage blasting away as well.

Q: Since both Main Outs will be taken, can I use the Monitor Out with Cab Sim ON and it be the same sound as Main Out?

Thank you for your time!

• The Tech21 cabinet you have is a FRFR type of cabinet . Leave your cab on for the monitor output and send the mains to FOH.

Only turn off the cab if your are using a traditional guitar cabinet and power amp and or powered Kemper (using the powered output).

• The Tech21 cabinet you have is a FRFR type of cabinet . Leave your cab on for the monitor output and send the mains to FOH.

Only turn off the cab if your are using a traditional guitar cabinet and power amp and or powered Kemper (using the powered output).

Right. Which is what I said haha. My question was if Monitor Out (cab on) is the same as Main Out, which has been answered.

• I use the earlier version - Tech 21 Power Engine - monitor out with Cab off - and this works fine for me. Read up on the Output Section parameters, output options (i.e. Master Mono) and linking volumes. There is a lot there that you can trip on if you don't understand and set it up properly. On rare occasions, I have to change my setup so thats why I recommend it.

• I use the earlier version - Tech 21 Power Engine - monitor out with Cab off - and this works fine for me. Read up on the Output Section parameters, output options (i.e. Master Mono) and linking volumes. There is a lot there that you can trip on if you don't understand and set it up properly. On rare occasions, I have to change my setup so thats why I recommend it.

Yes, Cab Off is recommended with the Power Engine because it drives a Celestion 70/80 which is a guitar speaker.

I couldn't find what speaker is in the Deuce, but this one's got a tweeter so Cab most certainly needs to be on with this one.

• I need a quick clarification between Main Output and Monitor Output.

I just got the Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe and it sounds AWESOME. I connect the Kemper's Main Output into the Deuce Deluxe's Input. On the Kemper, it sounds way better with Cab Sim on, I tried with Cab sim off and it was thin and sterile, so I want to keep Cab Sim on.

I will be playing at a gig soon where I want to use both Main Outputs to send stereo signal to FOH. But I will also have my Deuce Deluxe on stage blasting away as well.

Q: Since both Main Outs will be taken, can I use the Monitor Out with Cab Sim ON and it be the same sound as Main Out?

Thank you for your time!

Have you compared the Tech21 to any other FRFR cab? Curious to hear about the Tech21.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

That's really interesting! I tried cab OFF on the Deuce Deluxe and I quickly turned it back on lol. My description of what it sounded like was a sterile guitar plugged straight into the PA. With cab back ON, it sounded like a normal guitar cab. I have posted more on TGP, just as FYI

• Have you compared the Tech21 to any other FRFR cab? Curious to hear about the Tech21.

Other than my computer desktop monitors, no. On TGP, there are a few of us giving our reviews/opinions on the Deuce Deluxe... feel free to drop by and read our posts. The Deuce Deluxe is very very good and sounds/feels like a guitar cab. It's $450 from sweetwater and they have a good return policy if you don't like it.... try it out.

• Wonder how a tech 21 with the new FRFR Celestion would sound?

It would be interesting to hear. Considering that almost no reviews are out for the new Celestion speaker, I will wait to see what others say. It's weird... people keep praising the new Celestion speaker but since only a handful were made nobody has tried it lol. All in all, the Deuce Deluxe is excellent and sounds and feels great.