How to import restore or load Stomps and FX from a file on my iMac

• I saw an old thread that is obsolete on this so hoping some of you more experienced users can help a newbie out here. How can I import restore or load Stomps and FX from a file on my iMac to My PROFILER? I tried to import into Rig Manager to no avail. Help please...trying to get Maurizio's stuff into my PROFILER.:/

• I think, I answered this in a support ticket already. Talking about "loading stomps and fx" ...are you aware of the difference between effect algorithms and effect presets? The algorithms (effect types) are integral part of the OS. The list of effect types available can only be changed via software upgrade. What Ingolf stated is related to effect presets.

• Monkey_man, Burkhard and Ingolf, thx for you quick response and help. I think I’m may have used wrong terminology and confused all including myself. My apologies gentlemen. My goal is to use the backup created by Maurizio - I think. Here is where I need help in the “how to” steps using current functionality of Kemper. I tried to save the backup file Maurizio created/updated in 2014 in his original thread on this forum as could not find this file on his website. However, on my iMac with Mojave, the file comes over as a .html size of 1K. So when I read a more recent post from Timo on “not restoring backup” I assumed importing was best way. I welcome any and all advice on best way to get theses profiles, fx and stomps everyone is raving about as I know the quality of Maurizio’s work. My concern is doing it correct using restore or import whichever gets profiles and effects properly functioning into my Kemper. I used the USB stick when I first setup My profiler but as I can’t seem to get a correctly formatted backup to restore from I’m stuck. Thx again for your help. R, Mike

• I suggest you try another web browser. PROFILER backups are tar-files and need to have the extension ".kpabackup". Otherwise these can't be restored. If this files comes as .html, I doubt, you can do anything with it. You can open such a tar-file with programs like 7zip and will find a folder structure. The folder Stomp includes the effect module presets. You can copy those (unzipped) into the folder Shared on your USB memory stick and then import these.