Volume Pedal Issue

• Hi all,

An issue thats been bugging me for a while.

After finishing a performance, I then put my volume pedal down into heel position before scrolling up to the next performance with the remote. When I load the new performance, although the volume pedal is in heel position, there will always be a small amount of volume present. It usually takes a full sweep of the pedal to re-calibrate it again.

I have checked all my settings including pedal range.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

• Yeah. Its such a pain.

When I go to the next performance/song, I would put the pedal down in heel position so the stage is not overcome with noise/feedback until I need to start playing the song.

What I have to do for the time being is turn my guitar volume down after every song, bank up to the next performance, then do a couple of sweeps with the volume pedal.

Doesnt always work as the band by then are usually launching into the next song whilst I fumble around having to re calibrate the pedal everytime.

I was wondering to ditch using my expression pedal and just putting an Ernie Ball Vol pedal in the loop of the Kemper.

Thanks for your reply anyways.

Cheers

• I'm not too familiar with the volume pedal functions inside the KPA, so maybe there's already a workaround for this. Did you read the manuals of newer firmwares and search the forum?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• The first step to analyze such issues should always be to review the level of the pedal controllers on page "Pedal Links" in the System Settings.

One possibility is: You are not using a dedicated expression pedal for volume, but a Wah Pedal and have volume linked to it. If you switch to another Rig with a Wah effect enabled, your pedal becomes a Wah Pedal and has no control over volume anymore. If your Pedal Volume is below 25% at that time, this is interpreted as user error and Pedal Volume is raised to 25%.

Another possibility: You Volume Pedal Range varies by Rig and there are Rigs where it's not at -5. In that case your pedal does intentionally not mute your signal completely at heel.

Perhaps you pedal has a control knob to limit it's minimum volume and that is not adjusted for maximum range.

But again, that page should help you to analyze what's going on.