Rig Order Behavior After Power Up

• Hi,

I noticed an annoying behavior after starting up the KPA and wanted to get some thoughts as to whether it is normal or am I overlooking something....

When the KPA starts up it remembers the last rig used. But if I try to move forward or backwards in the rig list (either by knob or L/R rig buttons) the KPA reverts all the way back to the beginning of the list. So let's say I have 10 rigs in Favorites and when I start up the KPA it is sitting on rig #5 in the list. If I then try to move forward to rig #6 I by turning the browse knob (or right rig button) the KPA does not move forward to the next rig (#6). Instead it moves back to the very first entry (rig #1) which requires me have to cycle through the list to get back to the desired rig. After this occurs the first time it is no longer an issue, the KPA remembers the ordinal location correctly - until next power cycle then it happens again.

Intended behavior, bug or user oversight of some sort?

Sonic

Edited once, last by SonicExporer: Clarified explanation (March 15, 2017 at 8:07 PM).

• Hi,

I noticed an annoying behavior after starting up the KPA and wanted to get some thoughts as to whether it is normal or am I overlooking something....

When the KPA starts up it remembers the last rig used. But if I try to move forward or backwards in the rig list (either by knob or L/R rig buttons) the KPA reverts all the way back to the beginning of the list. So let's say I have 10 rigs in Favorites and when I start up the KPA it is sitting on rig #5 in the list. If I then try to move forward to rig #6 I by turning the browse knob (or right rig button) the KPA does not move forward to the next rig (#6). Instead it moves back to the very first entry (rig #1) which requires me have to cycle through the list to get back to the desired rig. After this occurs the first time it is no longer an issue, the KPA remembers the ordinal location correctly - until next power cycle then it happens again.

Intended behavior, bug or user oversight of some sort?

Sonic

I've checked this and confirm.

I guess it's by design or if not by design, it's not something bothering that much.

But I agree, that it doesn't follow "common sense" workflow.

• Awesome, thanks guys. The example I used really didn't portray the depth of annoyance this can be. If you have hundreds of rigs and get forced all the way back to the beginning of the list it really becomes a PITA to have to cycle back to the intended destination.

Anyway, on a conversely related question, when browsing around is there any method to intentionally jump to the beginning, or to the end, of a list?

Sonic

• Awesome, thanks guys. The example I used really didn't portray the depth of annoyance this can be. If you have hundreds of rigs and get forced all the way back to the beginning of the list it really becomes a PITA to have to cycle back to the intended destination.

Anyway, on a conversely related question, when browsing around is there any method to intentionally jump to the beginning, or to the end, of a list?

Sonic

I anticipated this as being the logical extension to your initial question, Sonic, which is why I created this feature request yesterday:

Skip to First, Middle or Last Rig, Cab or Preset in List Idea