Permanent wah - no effect slot

• Hi Guys,

I think there are 2 pedals which you always want to be available; volume and wah.

At the moment controlling volume does not cost you an effect slot. Wah however does.

I think it would be a great idea if Kemper makes it possible that the wah is available permanently without sacrificing an effect slot.

My idea; with lets say a mission EP expression pedal you control the volume and when pressed in you control the wah on the Kemper but without sacrificing an effect slot. Just like with volume control on the Kemper.

Good idea?

• Good idea! Maybe make a choice, that you can control it like you describe (with a knob in the expression pedal) or using 2 pedals: one controlling the volume and a second expression pedal which will always be a wah-pedal (without sacrificing an effect slot).

• Where should it be placed? How many pre Amp stomp slots do you need?

Placement you can choose (as with volume). But usually it's before the amp.

The thing is that 4 slots before the amp are quickly occupied. Very often you have a compressor (or noise gate with higher gain), booster, drive pedal and pre effect like (tremolo, phaser etc) in front of the amp which leaves no space for the wah. For me it would get confusing changing the slots for different presets and I would like to have my effect at the same place most of the time. Just like a regular pedalboard. Therefore would be nice to add a permanent wah option

• My rack Kemper didn't come with a Mission controller, or any controller for that matter.

I can just hear the masses now...,

"YOU MEAN THEY MADE A PERMANENT WAH in KEMPER AND DIDN'T INCLUDE THE HARDWARE FOR IT!?!"

Adding more effect slots however (which is probably on the drawing board for the Kemper 2) and Im all in!

The thing is, there are no extra effects buttons for the Version 1 models we now have.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Wouldn't this just place more demands on the system that you cannot deactivate? Most people only occasionally use a wah, so one out of 8 fx slots is adequate in the majority of situations.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 10.2.2 - Mac Sonoma 14.5

• You could always get a standalone wah and use it in front of the Kemper. I know this is not the best advice, i.e. "you can buy this to workaround that", but it seems like the way to get what you're looking for with the minimum of fuss.

I think there are a few users who already do this because they have a favourite wah.

• You could always get a standalone wah and use it in front of the Kemper. I know this is not the best advice, i.e. "you can buy this to workaround that", but it seems like the way to get what you're looking for with the minimum of fuss.

I think there are a few users who already do this because they have a favourite wah.

One of the best things with Kemper + Remote live setup is that I don't need any extra stuff in front of the stage. I run my signal wirelessly to KPA and I only have my Remote and expression in front of me. To use standalone wah, I would need to put my wireless receiver to my pedalboard, run extra cables for signal and power -> going back to the point where I started.

I also like the idea to have permanent wah like the volume is currently.

• One of the best things with Kemper + Remote live setup is that I don't need any extra stuff in front of the stage. I run my signal wirelessly to KPA and I only have my Remote and expression in front of me. To use standalone wah, I would need to put my wireless receiver to my pedalboard, run extra cables for signal and power -> going back to the point where I started.

One of the best things with Kemper + Remote live setup is that I don't need any extra stuff in front of the stage. I run my signal wirelessly to KPA and I only have my Remote and expression in front of me. To use standalone wah, I would need to put my wireless receiver to my pedalboard, run extra cables for signal and power -> going back to the point where I started.

You would just need to run a wire from your guitar to the expression pedal and then send the wireless signal to the Kemper as it is now. The Remote would be just the way it is and it can all be on your pedalboard.

Of course, having an extra slot would be great (if not a permanently on wah). But I was just trying to suggest a workaround for something that may take some time before it is implemented.