Please help me! (surprise... same issue as always... sounding digital and thin and whatever)

• I use krk rookit rp6 g3 active monitors. Good enough for me and the price for second hand used ones is nearly 280€ here in Germany.
    I bought them half a year old with warranty on ebay for 250€ incl. monitor stands. Cool price.
    I recorded with a slow level of playing because id like to hear the definition between picking.
    I think the fast run in part 3 of the tune shows that there is definition enough and the notes sound clear
    Anyway, i think the biggest thing with your noise issue is your booster at level 5 in front of the amp. When
    i use a booster in stomp a,b,c or d, its not higher than 2, and when i only want that the main gets boosted without any soundchanging, i put it in stomp x after the amp, because a booster in front of the amp changes the sound.

• [quote='Cederick','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/30240-Please-help-me-surprise-same-issue-as-always-sounding-digital-and-thin-and-whate/?postID=325302#post325302']Eltzejupp

However, I would appriciate it if you recorded my "riff" as requested, and sent me wav file so I can compare it on my own computer (with my profile)

Thanks in advance :)

Mail it here: cederick.forsberg@mail.com[/quot

I'll check it out.

• [quote='Cederick','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/30240-Please-help-me-surprise-same-issue-as-always-sounding-digital-and-thin-and-whate/?postID=325302#post325302']Eltzejupp

However, I would appriciate it if you recorded my "riff" as requested, and sent me wav file so I can compare it on my own computer (with my profile)

Thanks in advance :)

Mail it here: cederick.forsberg@mail.com[/quot

I'll check it out.

Ceck your email. Wave file is to download via wetransfer

• Thanks a lot! BUt it sounds like the file you sent is in stereo or something?

I always record with mono signal only

BUT OTHER THAN THAT STILL THE SAME RESULT AS WHEN SINMIX REAMPED MY SIGNAL (another profile tho)! :(

Yours have NO digital ugly fizz, my still has digital ugly fizz. Both you and Sinmix had more bottom end too. Sounds more realistic overall.

So, Sinmix doesn't have it, you doesn't have it, then WHY DOES MY KEMPER PRODUCE IT?! :(
    Why does my Kemper sound thin and digitally harsch?!

Once again, it seems like I AM RIGHT about my KEmper behaving weird :(

• I have seen people say that "all SPDIF sound the same, it's just digital"

But since I have so much issues with getting my tone well, I started thinking maybe it's my soundcard?!
    SinMix reamped my signal with his exact same profile, and mine sounded thin and harsch, his sounded full and realistic.
    Now a guy recorded a riff with my own profile, and my sounded thin and harsch, and his sounded full and realistic.
    Somethign is WRONG at my setup. I cannot understand WHAT... :( I never mess around with output EQ section or anything like that

I have a mulitrack Tascam US-1641 and simple US-144MKII and while they are good for micing drums, vocals, guitar cabs and whatever, maybe the SPDIF input is crap? :(

• check your mail again. I have send the rig with another cab.
    And also check out that you havent locked a stomp or whatever.
    If nothing helps you out, open a tiket vir kpa main website. After receiving an answer, send a backup file to the kpa guys. They are very helpful.

• But yeah, the Definition might be dialed down a bit, I used to have it at 10 all the time, but that just thins things out, I guess!

I was going to mention this when I saw your post about the tube setting, Cederick, but figured I'd wait to see what happened with that first.

IMHO, and I seem to be "allergic" to it more than most here, high definition settings are a ticket to Harsh Hell™. For me, lowering definition is the Mo Mojo™ trick. I do it before I even reach for the stack EQ if a profile sounds harsh or too edgy.

I've no doubt that lowering this setting would help many of those crappy-sounding profiles you posted sound better, but due to the results of the comparisons you made with Frank and SinMix, I don't think it's the smoking gun you're looking for.

• Hey, no worries mate. I've understood all along where you're coming from.

To use your analogy, it's like one participant handing the box of pills to be tested to the other participant/s. It'd be better if the overseer of the test, someone who had no possible vested interest in the outcome, handed out the material. See the difference? Nobody would be in any doubt that the goods to be tested had been altered or tampered with in any way, purposefully or not. The goods would then justifiably constitute a known quantity. The only way to ensure this in our situation is to use separately-downloaded, fresh Factory presets.

It's a subtle distinction, which I'm sure you can see, but blow me down if it isn't part of the scientific method.

Let's see what the Kemper Team™ can come up with now that you've created a ticket. They're darn good, those blokes.

• I was going to mention this when I saw your post about the tube setting, Cederick, but figured I'd wait to see what happened with that first.

IMHO, and I seem to be "allergic" to it more than most here, high definition settings are a ticket to Harsh Hell™. For me, lowering definition is the Mo Mojo™ trick. I do it before I even reach for the stack EQ if a profile sounds harsh or too edgy.

I've no doubt that lowering this setting would help many of those crappy-sounding profiles you posted sound better, but due to the results of the comparisons you made with Frank and SinMix, I don't think it's the smoking gun you're looking for.

We may have different taste in amp sounds tho.

I like mid-trebly guitar sounds, but that doesn't mean I like that digital fizzy thing that's going on in my Kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is sort of the sound I'm going for.

Sounds like a reset might be in order. You might have messed up outputs.

No, I actually resetted the factory default a few days ago.

And I NEVER tweak the output EQ, "pure cab" or anything like that, I think I even stated that in the OP.

Hey, no worries mate. I've understood all along where you're coming from.

To use your analogy, it's like one participant handing the box of pills to be tested to the other participant/s. It'd be better if the overseer of the test, someone who had no possible vested interest in the outcome, handed out the material. See the difference? Nobody would be in any doubt that the goods to be tested had been altered or tampered with in any way, purposefully or not. The goods would then justifiably constitute a known quantity. The only way to ensure this in our situation is to use separately-downloaded, fresh Factory presets.

It's a subtle distinction, which I'm sure you can see, but blow me down if it isn't part of the scientific method.

Let's see what the Kemper Team™ can come up with now that you've created a ticket. They're darn good, those blokes.

Well I see where you're going but ok I will get some profile from rig manager but I honestly still dont see the point in why one cannot use my profile :D