Show your latest guitar

• Well, I spent 25 years as a Strat guy, then 20 years as a LP guy. Last month I picked up my first Tele, a MIM Nashville for $500. I almost regretted the purchase just after I got it home but it was just because the action was way to high. When I set it up properly I really started liking it. Then I got addicted to the tone and it's been receiving most of my attention ever since. Really good for something that cost 1/4 or 1/5 of what I usually spend. Don't know why I waited so long to enter the tele world but better late than never. I do get a bit annoyed banging my pick into the middle pickup but I just have to adjust my habits and I'll be good. Maybe I'll be a Tele guy for a while.

I put the Magnatone in the picture because I just got it as a present from my sister-in-law. Her mom played a bit and they've been clearing out her estate, found it and gave it to me. It's from 1954 and in perfect original condition. I normally wouldn't dream of plugging in a 70 year old amp without first recapping but after opening it up and seeing how pristine everything was I had to try to play with all original components. Works great, sounds good, no hum... no explosions. I don't think I'll stress it though.

You can't beat a good Tele. Leo got it right first time!

I've never owned a genuine Tele although I build two of my own and will probably make a 3rd shortly. I always prefered Strats then PRS which are still my preference for something I didn't build myself but there is just something totally special about a Tele :love:

• Well, I spent 25 years as a Strat guy, then 20 years as a LP guy. Last month I picked up my first Tele, a MIM Nashville for $500. I almost regretted the purchase just after I got it home but it was just because the action was way to high. When I set it up properly I really started liking it. Then I got addicted to the tone and it's been receiving most of my attention ever since. Really good for something that cost 1/4 or 1/5 of what I usually spend. Don't know why I waited so long to enter the tele world but better late than never. I do get a bit annoyed banging my pick into the middle pickup but I just have to adjust my habits and I'll be good. Maybe I'll be a Tele guy for a while.

I put the Magnatone in the picture because I just got it as a present from my sister-in-law. Her mom played a bit and they've been clearing out her estate, found it and gave it to me. It's from 1954 and in perfect original condition. I normally wouldn't dream of plugging in a 70 year old amp without first recapping but after opening it up and seeing how pristine everything was I had to try to play with all original components. Works great, sounds good, no hum... no explosions. I don't think I'll stress it though.

I didn't wait 25 years for my Tele. I got my G&L tele last year, and man! so glad I did. It's the loudest and most chimey guitar I have (unplugged). My other guitars are LP and SG with fixed bridges and strats/dinkies with trem or FR bridges. My tele is a tone chaser's dream with how responsive and fluent the volume and tone controls are. You should have a blast! Rock on!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.