Never Ending Vaporware... Ending?

• Item #1: Behringer X-Touch
    So I get a call from my Sweetwater rep (remember, I've kinda had it with Sweetwater, but this is a new rep assigned to me, so I'm open to giving the dude a chance) and I've been on their Behringer X-Touch list for a while. He said he expect them to start shipping them "soon". I see it advertised at Full Compass though. Is that available?

Item #2: Slate Virtual Microphone
    It's only coming up on 2 years, but Slate had their announcement that it's ready. But I haven't seen a release date, nor a recent review from any company who tested it. Any word on this?

I'm thinking at this point, I should probably wait until a year after release to read the reviews and if good, give them time to rid the product of kinks.

Is there also other vaporware lately that I've missed?

• Slate has revealed VMC at AES yesterday saying it's coming but you no what slate is like with release dates. I love his products and own most of them. SSD5 has been lurking on the cards for around nearly 2 years but still nothing. Steven I think gets so excited about products that he's going to release that he mentions them way to early causing his customer base to get angry when they take for ever to show up. As for behringer I don't know what their game is with the X touch but @lightbox has one and has posted some videos of it in here :)

• As for behringer I don't know what their game is with the X touch but @lightbox has one and has posted some videos of it in here :)

Yes, and I still have it. Just came back from Kathmandu, Nepal. Will take a while to 'arrive' here but I know there's a firmware update that fixes the missing time display with X-Touch and Cubase. Will check it sometime next week and report. Behringer had only released a pretty small batch of units and they expect to ship it more widely NOW. Thomann has it on stock right now, for example.

• For me, it would be how well X-Touch works with Logic.

The Slate thing would be worth it if I got similar results and then could ditch my TLM-103 and other mics (SM's & AKG) so I could theoretically almost recoup the exact cost of it.

But I'm not holding my breath yet. Every virtual mic I've played with has been "eh", and although Slate has a good reputation, it would have to be Kemper good for me to ditch my Neumann. So I'll wait for reviews.

By that I mean, if Ingolf says "buy", haha.

• I have most of the current slate products. They are fine pieces of kit but, the way they go about there business is infuriating at times!
    They said that vmr would be getting something like 10 new modules a year, but given that it's been several months since they put out the last one, it appears to be typical Slate hiperbole.