4 Cable Method with Kemper????

• Hey guys, any one ever tried this. Yes, I know it totally defeats the purpose of the kemper completely, but having a new amp on the way and building a new rig, it would be nice to use the kempers on board effects as well with my actual amp. This is only for the time being however. I am building a 2nd rig with a real guitar amp, however that takes time (and pedalboards cost lots of money :D) so in the mean time, I would like to still have a "virtual" pedalboard while using the kemper if I can. Has anyone ever tried this? Anyone know exactly how I would go about doing this? I'm sure in reality I will run into ground loop issues and what not, but it would be interesting to atleast try. Thanks guys.

Chris

• I've realized that the amp I bought does not have an effects loop, so I think I may be out of luck on this one....On second thought, many people run their effects just through the front of their amp, delays and reverbs and all, quite common in the style of music I play. Is there a way to maybe just use the kempers effects all in front of the amp? I mean in reality, the kemper is just a preamp, no different than a rackmounted preamp or even broken down further, an effect pedal such as a distortion pedal. So what would I need to do? anyone ever tried this?

• I think you could just run the effects loop as an effect and then take the send out into your amp head and use the KPA stomps etc... in front of the head .....

I've used the 4 cable method with my G - System and its a pain to wire every night I find , so I changed and use all effects on the Kemper..

Also, why do you want to use the new amp as more than just a power amp rather than using the KPA as as many preamps as you want ?

• thanks for the help! I've been using nothing but the kemper for the last 3 years, and it's been nothing short of amazing. But there are situations for me and my situation that having the real thing with me opens up opportunities for me financially depending on the gig I get hired to play and the artist I'm playing with. In short, there are still people out there who will not hire you if you use something non traditional, just the way it is sometimes. I have a real power amp with my kemper as well, this is just my "B" rig if you will....

• In short, there are still people out there who will not hire you if you use something non traditional, just the way it is sometimes.

Really? I wouldn't have imagined this. I would have thought they check how you sound in an audition and if you're prepared and have rehearsed the material and if you're a nice communicative guy. But being booked or not depending on your rig? ?(

• Gaha yep... Seriously. I'll be honest it's never happened to me, but I'm very well aware of real stories like that happening. The kemper is becoming super accepted in Nashville, but still to some, it's unorthodox, unfamiliar, and some are just going to be that way. I'm trying to prevent that from ever happening to me, not the sole reason I'm buying a "real" amp but one of them for sure.

• On second thought, many people run their effects just through the front of their amp, delays and reverbs and all, quite common in the style of music I play. Is there a way to maybe just use the kempers effects all in front of the amp? I mean in reality, the kemper is just a preamp, no different than a rackmounted preamp or even broken down further, an effect pedal such as a distortion pedal. So what would I need to do?

just disable the STACK section and lock it. ;)