Studio monitor problem

• Hi,

I've recently got some studiospares studio monitors but they sound bad through the kemper is there something I'm doing wrong. They both have XLR jack connections going into the right and left jacks in the back of the kemper.

• I had a pair of tannoy reveal monitors I've been using for a while borrowed off a friend which sounded great. I've currently just bought these studiospares monitors new,the profiles don't seem to sound anywhere near as good through these as they did with the tannoy. The studiospares monitors were in a similar price bracket to the tannoys I've been using, I haven't tweaked the profiles just been using them as standard.

regards

• Are they the Yamaha NS10 copies that Studiospares "makes"? If so, I'm afraid it's probably the poor quality of the speakers. Studiospares just rebadges some generic Chinese-made speakers that are done up to look similar to NS10s. They aren't anywhere near in the same league. Sorry about being the bearer of bad news.

Edit : one thing you could try to get them sounding more in line with the Tannoys is to use the EQ in the Output section and reduce the mids. In order to try to emulate the classic NS10 sound, the Studiospares have a huge mid-hump with a steep bass roll off. Trying to compensate for these things might help a little.

Edited once, last by sambrox (May 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM).

• Yes. best is to first check the speakers with some great recordings - it it sounds bad - return the speakers.

You could also playback some of the KPA clips from my (or other KPA) homepage and check if you like the sound.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de