New to the Kemper family party...

• Thanks for the response, that's very informative. I really like the description of it being a 6-foot monitor, really appeals to me.

Divided on whether to opt for two or one, as well, I would like a stereo setting.

The Bose L1 is an expensive option for backline use. Many users here have used a Fender Mustang III for that purpose, which is far less expensive, and much easier to tote than the L1.

That makes sense, it's even more expensive than a CLR. Why I was considering one, however, was because paults' uses one and it seemed like an elegant solution. Can be locally sourced too, which makes a hell of a difference if you think about what the shipping and customs for a CLR would be like.

• That makes sense, it's even more expensive than a CLR. Why I was considering one, however, was because paults' uses one and it seemed like an elegant solution. Can be locally sourced too, which makes a hell of a difference if you think about what the shipping and customs for a CLR would be like.

The Bose is very versatile - I originally got it for acoustic/vocal gigs, and started using it for electric gigs later. I know several acoustic duos that use one for their entire PA. Some other friends of mine use two of them for a full electric band's PA.

• The Bose is very versatile - I originally got it for acoustic/vocal gigs, and started using it for electric gigs later. I know several acoustic duos that use one for their entire PA. Some other friends of mine use two of them for a full electric band's PA.

I like the form factor, though they seem a bit heavy. If it works well for my music, I might pick up one, thanks for the inputs.

• I have a Bose L1 Model II with two B1 Bass modules, and I have the Bose L1 Compact. I use them as my full PA for acoustic duo gigs. Paults is correct, they can be very loud. I have never had to turn mine up over 40-50%. I even played an outdoor wedding by a noisy river and it cut right through.

I have not tested the kemper outside of my studio with the Bose. I have yet to plug it into my Bose Compact.

I will post my thoughts after I have had a chance to get up to speed on the Kemper, and try out some combinations of rigs on a few gigs.

• NetherAvon - I have already started playing around with my acoustics. So far, it is a blast. I am looking forward to trying to profile some different things I have in my studio.

I purchased BIAS Workstation about a week before I bought my Kemper. I also considered Axe FX. For me, it isnt an either/or. I see them all as tools to have in the arsenal. Not religious about gear, just in pursuit of the tone I am looking for...like most of us here...I would suspect.

One thing I am planning to tinker with, is creating a totally custom rigs inside of BIAS, and then try to profile them with my Kemper. I would much rather take my Kemper to a gig than my Macbook Pro.

BTW - I also have a buddy who is a tube snob. He has a Vintage 1954 Silvertone that I hope to profile and share at some point. I didnt see one in the rig exchange, so maybe it is something useful I will be able to contribute someday.

• NetherAvon - I have already started playing around with my acoustics. So far, it is a blast. I am looking forward to trying to profile some different things I have in my studio.

I purchased BIAS Workstation about a week before I bought my Kemper. I also considered Axe FX. For me, it isnt an either/or. I see them all as tools to have in the arsenal. Not religious about gear, just in pursuit of the tone I am looking for...like most of us here...I would suspect.

One thing I am planning to tinker with, is creating a totally custom rigs inside of BIAS, and then try to profile them with my Kemper. I would much rather take my Kemper to a gig than my Macbook Pro.

BTW - I also have a buddy who is a tube snob. He has a Vintage 1954 Silvertone that I hope to profile and share at some point. I didnt see one in the rig exchange, so maybe it is something useful I will be able to contribute someday.

Once your buddy sees and hears the Kemper profile his Silvertone, he will no longer be able to say long live tube amps cos the kemper will steal the sole of that amp and he wont be able to tell the difference ;)

• Soooo...a few hours into playing around, and I can say I am tickled. I have the kemper connected to my DAW now. I struggled for a while with the SPDIF feed from Kemper into my Steinberg MR816CSX being distorted. I figured out the problem that the Kemper is using a sample rate of 44.1k. I was using 48k. As soon as I dropped it back to 44.1, it worked perfectly.

I dialed in a self designed amp using BIAS Workstation. Got it sounding pretty good through my studio monitors. JBL 4328 with 4312 subs. I then hooked up both my Bose L1 Model II dual B1 bass, and my Bose T1 Compact. I ran the Mono output into a channel on My T1 Tonematch and setup the Tonematch engine in bypass mode. Ran that into the Bose L1 Model II and it sounded lush and simply beautiful.

I then profiled the BIAS amp I made with the VST pluggin inside of Cubase Pro 8. it now lives in my Kemper! I am very happy with how things sound through both of my Bose rigs. I can see taking the Compact for a stage monitor, and then run the main sound through the FOH. I dont think I am going to pop for the Atomic CLR NEO at this point. I am more than satisfied with either Bose rig.

I guess I sorta wish for two things. that the outputs from the Kemper would be Mic or Line switchable, and same with the inputs. Yes, you can make it that way...sorta...by fiddling with the internal Master Output level, but it would be nice to just have an input and output pad built in the the Kemper. I suppose, once I am all dialed in to how I decide to use it live, it wont matter.

Anyway, hope some of that is useful.

• Great that you like the outcome :)

As for the output level... the Profiler is a preamp, and outputs a line-level signal. I'd find it weird if a pre offered a mic-level output... I can't see what the advantage would be. If a desk doesn't accept line-level signal I'd blame the desk :D

:thumbup: